• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

R.I.P Bobby & Bambi :-(

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Well as if losing little Nibbles wasnt enough, Late yesterday afternoon, I found one of my Budgies, Bobby dead in the corner of his cage, with the angle he was lying at it looked as though he had perhaps fallen and broke his neck :-(

Like Nibbles we hadnt had him long, Bought as a present for my hubbys 40th Birthday back in February. He left behing his little devoted friend Bambi, last night Bambi also seemed to be grieving, taking to sitting in the spot where Bobbys body had been, Bambi had been sitting next to Bobby almost cuddling him with his wings when I had found him, they were a devoted pair and although both boys they enjoyed sitting together, feeding each other and perching at the far end of the cage so to see the TV and watch football on a saturday afternnon!!!

Bobbys loss was obviously too much for Bambi to bear and he passed away over night. So although they had been parted by death for a few hours, they are now together again.

All 3 (Nibbles, Bobby & Bambi) will be buried in the remeberance garden, bobby & Bambi will be buried together.

Sleep tight little ones.

We loved you all Rest in peace my little babies xxxxxx

Debs im so sorry for your losses.

Thinking of you at this sad time

sleep tight little ones xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh my god what a horrible thing to go through. i found my first bird dead like that he had breathing difficulties and fell off his perch it is so sad and a horrible position to find them in :cry: they must have been so in love :cry:

really sorry to hear this - are you sure its nothing in your house that could have made all three die?? my friend's cooker made her budgies die!

This is so heartbreaking...I am so sorry for you...poor Bobby and Bambi. Bobby obviously had a wee broken heart ...soo sad. I know how you must be feeling right now and I am thinking of you

aniback11.gif

I'm so sorry....its so unfair that things happen this way, but unfourtunatly they do. They will rest in our hearts and soals forever xxx

Rest in Peace Nibbles and Bobby.

rainbowbridge.jpg

oh debs ,

so many losses . Bambi has found nibbles and bobby will be flying again :(

i,m so sorry to hear this news tho .

Awww Debs - I'm sorry to hear this news - hope your doing o.k - this must have been quite a shock to loose three in such a short space of time.

Thinking of you.

This is awful news :cry: :cry: I am so sorry :cry:
Fly and scamper free over the Bridge little ones - xxxx

A thought - where the birds and the hammy in the same room? Have you checked gas appliances etc - this is concern for your family and furries as there could be some carbon monoxide around - please check just in case - I don't mean to offend you - I am very worried for you all :(

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts :)

No offence taken :D
The budgies and the hamster were all in the same room, but we do not have a gas fire and the only gas we use is for the central heating and for the gas hob, Also we have 2 cockatiels in the same room as the hamster and budgies were in and they are fine. As i think i said, we susoect Bobby some how fell and broke his neck, and Bambi obviously couldnt go on without him. We dont have a clue about the hamster, Nibbles, I had a look at him before we buried him yesterday and there seemed to be a small amount of blood round his nose, im assuming this happened at the point of death as there was no blood anywhere in his cage or bed, he was also housed in a tank type system so there was nothing that he could have hurt his nose on, also he was fine on tuesday evening. I only hope he didnt suffer as he just looked like he was asleep. :)

Back