• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

hormones after neutering

gina paul

Mama Doe
i always thought that it took a good few weeks for the hormones to settle after being neutered ?? , the reason i,m asking this is my pair were only done on tuesday but since yesterday they have stopped trying to mate with each other and baileys aggresive streak has vanished . He is becoming a very cuddly mummys boy ? Could it happen this quickly or do you think they missed me when in the vets :lol:

I think it happened immediately for Hobbes. He didn't hump my feet after he'd had the chop :?

It does seem a bit quick for hormones so I reckon they're probably relieved to be home with you :D

I think it must be really really stressful for them - going in a box in the car, all the strange smells, and not really knowing whether you're ever going home to your mum again. So coming back home must be wonderful. Also, I took Mango and Chutney for their myxi boosters this week. Mango was sooooo scared (bless her), and since then she's just followed me around, tugging my jeans, which is not like her at all - I think she's just happy to have got back home.

Either way, I'm glad that he's calmed down a bit - you guys are going to have SUCH fun together now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bindi was stroppy before being Spayed. Shes still a little stroppy but shes getting better!!! She still like a little boxer when we take her food bowl out to fill it :lol:

Gracie and animals x

sMOKEY WAS NEVER GRUMPY (oops) or humped anything any way (Well apart from Sugar obvs :roll: ) so i wouldn't have noticed any change any way.

I suppose since they were young and didn't have as many hormones as an older Rabbit would have done, maybe they lost theirs quickly

Dash and Scooter have never humped anything and there 6months old i guess it depends on the rabbit

I think they're probably delighted to be home with their Mum! Patches turned into a Mummy's boy quite quickly - I had to remove his stuffed bunny toy after his op as I was worried he'd hurt himself (he used to hump it senseless)! But he very quickly became a cuddly little man! I think he happens quicker in males as the testes cause the production of testosterone.... Only a guess ;)

Enjoy your bunnies

Sarah :D

They may be feeling a little sore and not in the mood :wink: My boys still did it for about two weeks ....... and very very ocassionally they will still have a little go :oops:

Phill said:
Dash and Scooter have never humped anything and there 6months old i guess it depends on the rabbit

crikey , mines were starting to hump anything at just over 2 months :shock: :lol:

Yes, I'm afraid Ludo was, & still is king of the dirty creatures.

He too was dry humping anything furry that didn't move fast enough within two months, including my fluffy cardigan, whether I was wearing it at the time or not!

The highlight of last year for the Notthemama was when Ludo sprang into dirty mode, jumped up on the bed when I was watching a film & spunked in my ear, then ran off!!! :shock:
The Notthemama tells everyone about this so I'm just giving everyone here the nasty details first. I have no pride left!

Since Ludo's op on Tuesday he is back to his completely filthy self. So much so that I actually wondered for a moment if he'd been neutered at all!

So much for the spunk bunny & my feet getting some respite! :lol:

LOL

it can take up to 6 months for them to settle down, although thats pretty rare its usually sooner!

he probably feels a little tender and wants all the sympathy he can get! :lol: I am so happy to hear he is through the op! :D

Back