• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Blackcurrant. (Thomas Jnr's sister)

KazPetts

Warren Scout
Despite the fact that I thought you were starting to perk up a bit. I told you I was gonna take you yesterday evening that I was gonna take you to the vets today. I don't think you wanted to go to the vets and withing about half an hour of me telling you, you had taken a massive turn for the worst. You were struggling to breath until I picked you up, you managed to get your breath but didn't have much strength.
You fell asleep in my arms whilst I stroked your soft fur and within two hours you eventually took your last breath before crossing the bridge.
I did everything I could for you and got you an appointment at the vets as soon as I could but that obviously wasn't soon enough. I do think however if I had taken you to the vet they would have put you to sleep anyway so in a way I am glad you didn't make it until today and that you went peacefully in your sleep snuggled up to me. I am pretty sure you knew you were loved.
Now you can run and be free with your brother/sister (I didn't manage to find out what sex Thomas Jnr really was). Say hi to Thomas Jnr for me and tell him/her that he/she is dearly missed just like you are.
Be free little one and enjoy your time across the bridge until we meet again
All my love Karen :cry: :cry: :angel:

I am so sorry Karen, you did your very best and of course Blackcurrant knew she was loved and as she slipped away in your arms this will be her happy memory of you. Thinking of you so much

Hugsforyou.gif

Awwww Karen I'm sorry to hear your news - Little Blackcurrant sounded so lovely but it really sounded so special that she fell alseep in her mums arms.

Binky Free little Blackcurrant - now with all our Spirit Bunns.

I knew she was going when I took a look at her so I told her that she wasn't going to die on her own. She made as much effort as she could to get to me when I opened her cage to get her out.
I really miss this little one and she will never ever be forgotten, she will be in my heart for always. I hope she has found my first two bunnies that I had when I was younger Velvet (who was my first) and Smokie (who was my second), I am sure both of these bunnies will make her feel welcome and play with her everyday.
Be free my darling Blackcurrant we miss you loads.

Oh Karen - what a sad time for you - but Blackcurrent falling asleep in your arms would have made her feel safe and loved as she had always beenxx

Terribly sorry to hear about Blackcurrant, I'm sure sh eknew she was dearly loved, and she'll always remember that :cry:

Back