• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

R.I.P Nibbles :-(

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Im feeling very sad and down today as I discovered my hamster had died last night.

I had only had Nibbles since March but he was very much a part of the family.

He passed away quietly in his sleep, he was all curled up in a little ball in his bed, still looking like he was sleeping, I didnt notice he had died and thought he was just asleep but it seemed odd that he didnt move when i opened his cage, thats when i discovered he had slipped away.

I have to make him a little box to bury him in later, he will rest in peace in a corner of the garden that has been created as a remeberance garden, I created it some years ago just after my dog died, although she isnt buried there i wanted a corner of the garden where i could remember her, its planted with 2 roses picked especially for the area, called Peace and remeberance, so that is where he will lay. My only regret is that I dont have any photos of him, I thought i had plenty of time to get pictures as i thought he was still quite young, but all im left with is a memory of his cheeky character swinging from his cage bars doing his Tarzan impression :)

R.I.P Nibbles sweetheart, you will not be forgotten. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear this Deb - havent heard from you in a while and was wondering if you were ok - hugs to you at this sad timexx :(

sleep peacefully little nibbles :( He died warm , cozy and safe in his little bed , hopefully he just drifted away :(

gina paul said:
sleep peacefully little nibbles :( He died warm , cozy and safe in his little bed , hopefully he just drifted away :(

I hope so :cry:

Thank you all for your kind words xxx

Goodnight wee Nibbles...Mummy loved you very much. He is in your memories and lovely to think of the special place he will be

playbears006.gif

Debs2811 said:
gina paul said:

I hope so :cry:

Thank you all for your kind words xxx

i,m sure he did just drift away . He was curled up in a wee ball so surely felt nothing at the end . Exactly the way it should be but sadly it always isn,t the case . safe, warm , at home , in his wee bed with all his belongings and familiar sounds n smells .

awww so sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it is like to loose some dear pet. It doesn't matter how long you have had them it is the love that you share with them whilst they are with you. You develop bonds quickly with animals and when you loose them whether it be a few months or a few weeks it hurts just the same.
My thoughts are with you.
Binky free little one and have a good time across the bridge.

Awwww I'm sorry to hear about little Nibbles - what a great name for a little Hammy - and so lovely to have close to the lovely Roses where you can always think of him and remember all his funny little antics.

Sleep tight little Nibbles

Back