• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

YAY, Im NEW to bunnies and trying to learn all I can!

YAY, i love forums coz i can ask a specific question and hear not one but many different views. I think u will see me around hear often. Im the type of person that not only gets a pet but does that much research and learns that much that I very quickly join the "other side" and are able to answer questions.

I got my first EVER bunny a couple of days ago. I can't believe it! Dad said no to EVERYTHING else including a bird but I happened to catch him in a really good mood and he said yes to a rabbit. He wont regret it, infact his main complaint might be that now i want to build a really big playpen for outside. We live on land so its not like we don't have the room. Im drawing up plans for one at the moment.

Maybe my bunny needs a few friends? (joke, dad would freak)

But if i could I would buy more, or rescue some from the RSPCA, that way I wouldn't feel silly building a huge playpen for one bunny and i would be saving lives.

hiya , welcome to the forum .
Actually , I would say to your dad that bunnies are best kept in pairs anyway so you will HAVE to get another :lol: , its true tho :D .

OOPS I forgot to tell dad that it's not a mini lop its a dwarf lop. When i first asked him i said it was a mini coz thats what they said it was but then i found out that it was a dwarf. I didn't realise dad didn't know and said then. How much of a difference is there? I read that there is almost 1kg difference.

Thanx for all the welcomes and hellos :)

I was new to bunnies a few months ago and have learned so much from this site.

I think adopting a bunny from the RSPCA sounds a great idea (you'll need to get them spade/neutered first though!) your bunny might be lonely on its own.

I have 3 Lavender, Oxo, and Pippin) who live together and they're a real little team!

Show your dad some stuff on this site to get him to agree to a little friend.
Good luck!

Rabswood

A huge welcome to you all the way over there in Australia. Sounds like you are going to have some great stories to tell us :lol: :lol:

Back