• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"At it like Rabbits"

Loppyju

Mama Doe
OK this is an understatement, I put the night vision camera in with them last night and Shadow just did not give Scooby 5 minutes peace :cry:

My problem is I go away for a week on the 15th oct and wanted to get them done after that incase of any problems but the way fur is being pulled out by both of them I'm worried they might fight while I'm away.

If I had them done this week or next week will the bonking STOP before the 15th, or does it take a while?

/

it's extremely unlikely to stop that quickly..it could take weeks or even months...if one is male and one female ..you might already have an unplanned litter on the way. :(

Re: /

honeybunny said:
it's extremely unlikely to stop that quickly..it could take weeks or even months...if one is male and one female ..you might already have an unplanned litter on the way. :(

Well I do doubt that they will be haviong a litter.

/

in that case...why put 2 un neutered buns in together if they are the opposite sex and you dont want babies? would it not have been better to wait until they are both done and over the ops?

honeybunny said:
in that case...why put 2 un neutered buns in together if they are the opposite sex and you dont want babies? would it not have been better to wait until they are both done and over the ops?

OMG I was taking the mic, they are both males for god sake, if you can't answer a post correctly don't bother, why assume everyone is stupid!!!!!

Loppyju said:
OK this is an understatement, I put the night vision camera in with them last night and Shadow just did not give Scooby 5 minutes peace :cry:

My problem is I go away for a week on the 15th oct and wanted to get them done after that incase of any problems but the way fur is being pulled out by both of them I'm worried they might fight while I'm away.

If I had them done this week or next week will the bonking STOP before the 15th, or does it take a while?

possably not, also they would need to be seperated really for ten days after as they might rip each other stiches. Be careful leaving them together too much if they are fighting bad, as head humping each other can sometimes lead to the one castrating the other anyway, so be carefull they aren't biting each others balls. Is it just humping and fur pulling, or are the hurting each other? They may just be trying to find out who the boss is.

just thought also it takes about 6 weeks after the op for testosterone levels to calm down, so it may be a while before you notice any real improvement.

/

Soad why are you so rude? I did not know what sex they were so answered the post without that knowledge. I do not assume everyone is stupid quite the opposite and I did put "if they are the opposite sex" so no assumption was made. As pointed out in previous threads please read them carefully.p

honeybunny said:
Soad why are you so rude? I did not know what sex they were so answered the post without that knowledge. I do not assume everyone is stupid quite the opposite.

I'm not meaning to be rude, sorry, we always seem to be head locked over something.

It's just that people do assume that other people are stupid and I think sometimes people almost want people to be doing things wrong to have a valid excuse to have a go at them. Anyway you only have to look at any post from the Loppyju, to see the are both males.

/

I appreciate the apology and unfortunately can't remember all the details about everyone buns ..for 2 reasons , there are so many and I'm not getting any younger! :lol:

honeybunny said:
I appreciate the apology and unfortunately can't remember all the details about everyone buns ..for 2 reasons , there are so many and I'm not getting any younger! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am the same, I'm turning into Victor Meldrew too.

If these are a pair of already bonded boys.

Then they shouldn't be split for anything not even their operations and recovery.

You will find it extremely difficult to get them back together if you do

Adding to what Tracy says, if they are already humping each other and you don't get the neutered soon it could easily turn into fighting. If you get them booked in the next couple of days they should be vitually healed by the 15th. Boys are much quicker to recover then girls.

Tam

Sorry my fault I should have said they are BOYS :) .

*Tamsin and Tracy* The boys are not fighting and don't even turn round when the other one is humping, the one on the bottom just moves away. It's not happening ALL day and they really love each other and are cuddled up now in the run. I've phoned my vets and explained and they would be happier doing the ops AFTER I come home so I can check them every day for any problems. He said having them done next week would not make any difference to the humping but just make it more dangerous with stitches if they did fight. Plus they could only book them in the end of next week. Do you agree with this?

My hubby is looking after them when I go away but his not nuts about animals like us lot and will just be feeding and changing poo trays. His promised me he will try to check them over every day but he can't pick them up (he has the same problem with a wet bar of soap :lol: )

If there's any trouble I'll come home early, me and the boys (human ones) are just going to Frinton-on-Sea with my Mum and Dad and the dogs for the week so no flights home to re-book :roll:.

:D Thanks for all your advise everyone :D

Kovu ripped his stiches out trying to head hump Zippy and Scooby. So I'd say there was some true in it. If they aren't actually fighting I wouldn't worry too much. Beatrix still pulls hair out of Maisie from time to time.

Back