• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit flea pics *scratch, scratch*

bunnyhuggger

Warren Veteran
Here's Pops's fleas, poor wee man...

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

and here he is posing on his stool

DSCF0379.jpg

He is very very sweet natured, he's just so calm and gentle. I'd never seen so many fleas either, his are the worst, both ears look like that and there's more fleas down at the base of the ears. All three other buns have them too but not to that extent.

Oh no, poor you, Amy. Do you know what it is? Nothing serious I hope.

When I got my little Flopsy (my very first bunny) she had fleas. I was horrified as I was a very squeamish back then! Snapped out of that one rather quickly. It's amazing what you'lldo for your bunnies isn't it?
Hope the fleas 'hop off' :D soon.

Just curious, do the jump as well? I know rabbit fleas are odd in that they congregate in little clans around the ears rather than crawl around alot. I can't find anywhere that says whether they still jump of they crawl from bun to bun when they're cuddling together in the burrow.

I think rabbit fleas are quite rare in pet rabbits, it tends to be cat fleas they are more likely to catch?

Tam

EXCUSE ME :shock: MADAM :shock: Why do us bunnies always get the blame :roll: They could be Human Fleas :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Auntie Lynda :D you and Uncle Jim could start a flea circus :lol: :lol: and raise funds for Carrot :lol: :lol: :lol:

fleas

Hi scootybaby :) O great one (grovel :? grovel :? tug of forlock :? drop a deep curtsey :wink: ) why dont you start your own flea circus :lol: I am sure you could scratch up a few if you really try :lol: then you could train them to clean your litter tray & fetch your dinner so you could let mum of the hook for a while :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Auntie Shan :D are you saying I HAVE FLEAS :shock: Sorry but I don't carry passengers :shock: only my dad :lol: :lol: :lol:

fleas

OI scootybaby :) would i be so disloyal to you :( you know that I am your greatest fan & groupie :lol: but with your irresistable charm you may be able to chat up a few fleas to do your bidding :wink: if not perhaps you could ask daddy for some of his :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back