• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

belated hello.....

KerinTravis

Mama Doe
:oops: apologies as I have been reading these forums for months, and been registered for a short while now and been involved in a few posts, but nt properly introduced myself as I didn't want to before I got my pictures online!! :D

Anyways, I have two house rabbits, Travis and Treacle. Travis is a 17month old male, who I've had since he was a baby. He was neutered in June this year, as I'd read that it was good for preventing cancer etc in later life. I then decided that much as he loved being free to roam my house and play boss, he needed a companion.

He was happy with the bachelor life and was more than content with having me for hugs n cuddles and plenty of nose rubbing, but when I went away for a few days on holiday, the change in his mood was unbearable. He was getting just as much love, fuss and attention from my family, as he gets when I'm there, but he wasn't himself. That is what prompted me to think about getting him a companion.

I'd already looked on the rabbit rehome Website before I went away with the thought of getting him a friend, but it made my mind up for me. I contacted several rescue centres and ended up chosing Treacle (nee Tinkerbell). She was born in a rescue and had a litter of babies shortly after being re-homed, so was brought back to the rescue again. After a tricky few days, the bonding really hit off and they are now really good friends. Both bun's are so good natured and despite being homed so often, Treacle is no problem whatsoever, she is well behaved and was very tolerant of Travis during the bonding.

I am very proud to be mum to them both!!

Travis is the blue and Treacle is the tan!

travisbunny.jpg

bun8.jpg

bun7.jpg

bun6.jpg

bun5.jpg

bun2.jpg

bun4.jpg

Welcome Keri Travis and Treacle! :wave:

Your bunnies are beautiful!

I too am hoping to get Leila a rescue buddy in the future, and she is also soon to be spayed. Your success story gives me hope!

Hope you enjoy the forum

Thank you all for your lovely comments about my buns!! :oops: I'm all embarrassed now!! but very proud that they are mine!!

Apologies also for the size of some of the pictures - they weren't that big originally honest!!! :shock:

buns.jpg

Back