• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

WET TAIL!!??!!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
sorry had to put this post in here instead of car but hoped id get better response, what does anyone know about wet tail?!? Charlie has got a wet, urine stained tail, he's pooing & weeing way to much, n he's drinkin his wee which he never done bfore!! Any info greatly apriciated, could be something else but have no idea, Thanks Becki xx

Only hamsters get wet tail? are you talking about a bunny opr haster, if he's a hamster i've not got a clue?

If he's a bunny have you been feeding him anything different, what diet is he on? If it's like diarehoa (spelling) he needs the vets, they will give hime some bio lapis, or it could be sticky bum.

a bun, he on science selective, no difference to diet. erm, have phone vet, engaged. gonna try again now and see what they think.

I would keep trying the vet, are you giving him plenty of hay? SS should not cause sticky bum, has he been in the garden and could he of eaten something he shouldn't? He will need something to keep him hydrated as bunnies dehydrate very quickley, when they've got a bad bum. Let me know how you get on. x x x x

excellent stuff, it's probably nothing, but it's best to get some probotics to settle his tum. Good luck. :D

Hiya!! Thank goodness it wasnt wet tail, Charlie's got a tummy infection which should clear up within 6-7 days. :D Becki xx

Awwww glad he's ok :thumb:

yeah thank goodness it wasn't wet tail as you would of been mistaking your hamster for a bunny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tree! :lol: :lol:

Yeah I believe wettail is a disease in hamsters not bunnies. I have had 1 hamster die of wettail it was awful :cry:

Are you sure that its only in hamsters coz i was told that its rare but does exist by 2 ppl :? :D Anyway, im not bothered as long as my babys ok. :wink:

Back