• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezes

chesterbenji

Young Bun
Hi there,

Chester has developed a little sneeze over the past few days but it only happens a couple of times a day. There doesn't appear to be any discharge from his nose or eyes although he has always has quite a damp nose.
The concerning thing is today he appears to have lost a little weight too. He seems very healthy and spritely though, moreso than Chester actualy. Wonder if anyone has has similar problems and if i would be best going to the vets to have him checked over in case it's snuffles.

It may be his teeth as well, especially if he's not eating so much.

Thats the slightly confusing thing, he appears to be eating fine. I think perhaps the vet is the safest option. Next question is, should i take Chester to keep him company or is it better for him to go alone?

chesterbenji said:
Thats the slightly confusing thing, he appears to be eating fine. I think perhaps the vet is the safest option. Next question is, should i take Chester to keep him company or is it better for him to go alone?

if he is bonded take the partner EVERYWHERE! otherwise you could have problems with them fighting when reunited!

That's Benji booked into the vet for tomorrow night so I'll let you know what they say, his first trip to the vets after only 2 weeks, hope this isn't a sign of ill health to come :?

Hi everyone,
Benji and Chester both went to the vets and had a little check over. The vet said that they are both looking healthy, good teeth etc. Obviously she paid more attention to Benji as he was booked in and checked for breathing problems etc but couldn't really find anything wrong. She gave us a weeks course of Baytril to clear up his 1 wet nostril. Thank goodness they are OK :D . She even said they were really cute and they were so well behaved. Not so when we tried to syringe his medicine this evening though. Anyone got any ideas on how to get him to take it more easily?

Banner.jpg

Back