• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!!!

Nicola C

Mama Doe
Hello everyone. I just thought I would introduce myself on the forum after just joining today. I have been completely potty about bunnies for my whole life. I am really chuffed to say that now I finally have the right circumstances and living space, I can finally get the two bunnies I have been dreaming of for ages and ages. I am in the process of getting a hutch built for me with 3 levels and measures 4' by 4 ', so I think that should be ok as I will then be on the look out for two netherland crosses. Ideally I want to rehome a bonded pair from a rescue centre, but I guess I will have to wait and see what is available nearer the time, as the hutch won't be ready for about 4weeks, booo hiss!!! Soooooooooo excited though!!!
Only down side is that unfortunately I lost my precious hamster Angus (Sniffy) recently and am devastated. I guess he was getting old and he went very peacefully, but as everyone knows losing a pet is so hard. Still, I think he would be pleased about my rabbit plans and wouldn't want me to be too sad. It's difficult though.
Anyway I am really looking forward to being a bunny owner again. I have owned 4 rabbits in total (quite a long time ago though), all netherland crosses and I can't wait to have bunnies in my life again.

Welcome to the forum. Squidgy, our housebun, is a nethie and he's very lovely. I love all bunnies though! Be tyou're really excited!

I am sooooooo excited!!! At least I have a few weeks to do some reading up and reminding myself of bunny do's and don'ts. The whole fly strike thing frightens me silly, I think I will definately learn as much about that as poss and vaccinations, etc etc. I know that bunny ownership is a big responsibility, but lots and lots of fun. Yay!!

Welcome to the forums!
Its very exciting when you are getting a new family member isn't it?! And once you have had bunnies in your life, you cant live with out them!! Well, I hope you can get all of the help you need here, and I cant wait to hear when you get your bun :wink: :D

Hi there, welcome to the forum. As a new rabbit owner I know how excited you must be! :)
Big waves from Chester :wave: and Benji :wave:
And from the two of us as well :wave:
We look forward to seeing and hearing about your bunnies soon!!

I am so excited!! I can't sleep or concentrate at work. I wish my hutch was ready now. Not fair! At least it will be made exactly how I want it, hurrah!!!! Still sad about Angus, but trying to be strong. i saw hamsters in a petshop today and it was really hard. still, must concentrate on being prepared for bunnies!! Glad to have found this forum!!!

Hi and welcome :wave: there are some lovely bunnies needing homes on this website, i'm sure you'll find a lovely couple when your hutch is ready :D

Yes there are loads on here fro rehoming - sure you would find something to fit the bill (or the hutch! :wink: ) Sorry :oops:

Anyway hi and welcome :D

Welcome Nicola to this wonderful forum..You will get all the experts advice here...just ask!! Sorry about the loss of your little hamster...it isn't easy ...like a bit out of your heart

Sorry to hear about the loss of your hammy, I lost one a few years ago, I was heart broken. I'm sure you gave him a good life and that's all that counts.

You will learn so much about bunnies from this site and there are lots of experienced people's brains to pick! I've been a bunny owner for a few months now and am totally addicted to this site so watch out!

Rabswood

Back