• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excited bunny owner to be!

Vic&Oat

Young Bun
Hi!
Am getting my first house rabbit in January and am already so excited! Have been studying 'Living with a House Rabbit' by Linda Dykes and Helen Flack for the last couple of weeks and its fantastic! Glad to have found this forum too! It seems everyone loves their bunnies so much....can't wait!
When we finally get our pet its going to be called Oat hence my user name!! Am driving husband mad!
Hee Hee!
Love Vic
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum. Bet you're sooooo excited for January!

Hello and Welcome :wave:
you sound really excited and the forum is great too for anything everyones really helpfull

hi im amy welcome to the boards! i know how fustrating it is waiting for your bunny as i went through waiting to get a bun with millie and now im waiting for bramble. but once you have them its well worth it!

Welcome to the forums! Getting your first house bun is so exciting isn't it? I know I was on the edge of my seat for days because I was so nervous for my little guy's arrival! January is not that far off, and I cant wait to hear about the little bun when you get it!

Hi Estelle,
I dont know where i will get my bunny from yet....from somewhere that is nice and respects their animals most certainly.
I know i would love a little lionhead!
Do you have any suggestions where i can get one? Where did you get yours? Have tried local rescue centres in the area but the ones i have contacted will only re home in pairs at the moment.
Vic
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Vic&Oat said:
Hi Estelle,
I dont know where i will get my bunny from yet....from somewhere that is nice and respects their animals most certainly.
I know i would love a little lionhead!
Do you have any suggestions where i can get one? Where did you get yours? Have tried local rescue centres in the area but the ones i have contacted will only re home in pairs at the moment.
Vic
xxxxxxxxxxxx

pairs are good!

Pairs of bunnies are definately good! I would recommend getting a rescue rabbit. There are lots in rabbits in need section and on the homepage search section.
I didn't really know about rabbit rescues when I got Hobbes and Phoebe. Hobbes came from a local pet shop but I'd never get a rabbit from a shop again while there are ones in rescue homes. Phoebe came from a local breeder. Amber was a relatives unwanted pet.
I love rabbits, they make wonderful pets. Good luck finding yours :D

Hi Vic,

We got our two brothers Chester and Benji from a rescue sanctuary and would highly recommend it. It seems to me they are more loving and seem to have more character than those we see in Pets at Home when we occasionally go in there, plus you get the benefit of knowing you have given a loving home to a needy rabbit (or rabbits) rather than lining the pockets of pet shops.

We did all our homework before we started out and i think that's the best way as you feel like you know quite a bit about them and its not very often we need to refer back to the book. Also this site is a great help if your not 100% sure of something as there is always someone who has shared the same experience.

Good luck in finding you bunny, they are well worth the wait!:)

Back