• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunnys ill

someone help please my bunny has got a pooy bun and she is just laying about when I try to give her the recovery food it is just running straight through her. I dont think she is goin to make it through the night if I dont do something. I have warmed her up with a heat pad.

Do you have any probiotic that you could give her? Just dilute a little in water and syringe feed. You may want to post this on 'rabbit care discussion' as more people will see it.
Have you tried 'phoning the vet to see what they suggest (it's always a saturdy night when they're poorly, isn't it?)

Hiya Chick, might be better to post this in the rabbit care section, people will be able to help there xxxx

I have been giving her salt and sugar in water and she has been drinking it. but the vet did say to give her the recovery food but i shouldnt give it to her if it is running through her should i?

Hi there,

sorry to hear about your rabbit.

I would advise against giving any sugar/glucose by mouth as this will actually worsen the diarrhoea,despite what a a lot of people think.

I would give Kaolin & Morphine 3-4 times daily via syringe if you have one, (for your average adult rabbit size i would say around 0.6ml- 1.0ml)

Withhold all veg, just offer hay & persevere with the recovery diet only, in conjunction with the Kaolin, asthe Kaoilin should firm the rabbit up again. Also make sure you syringe water into his/her mouth, little & often to prevent dehydration.

Probiotic would be a good idea in the water that you syringe.

hiya everyone thanks alot I took my rabbit to the vet as an emergency and they gave her about 8 different injections but she seems to be picking up. The vet sed it could be something to do with her teeth as her eyes were watering this morning so he filed them down and she seems to be eating abit more now. fingers crossed :)

Phew - I've been thinking about you and your little bunny and wondering how you were. Glad she seems to be picking up. Lots of snuggles from me.

the vet also said to get some glucose from a chemist and maybe give her some of that aswell. At first I was so worried cause 1 lady sed that it could be an infection that is going to be passed around my bunnys. And all of my bunnies live together that would of been a nightmare

ill

Hi linzi :) I think your vet probably thought that it may have been enteritis which is infectious :( like yours all my bunnies live together so I know its worrying if one gets sick :( glad shes feeling better :)

I just though I would let you all know that my bunny died this mornin I cant believe it as yesterday she was much better but when I picked her up this morning she was having problems breathin and before I could get her to a vet she passed away. :cry: :cry:
Goodnight maisie Ill always remember you xxxx

oh! linzie hunny sooooo soz to hear this sad news,you did the best you could for her...binky free little gal :cry: :cry: :cry: thinking of you linzi at this sad time :cry: :cry:

Oh Linzi - I am so sorry to hear your sad news - what ashock it must have been for you :( You did everything you could for Maisie - Im sure she knew you loved herxx

Back