• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How many?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
People only have 1 bun? i would love to get a friend for Jazzy but because im still living at home im not allowed :cry: i hate leaving him outside at night altho he has a snugglesafe and tarpolin :wink: i would love to bring him in so becomes a house bunny but my mum hates the idea :( i bring him in for a few mins in the evening for cuddles but i want him in the house all the time!! does anyone have any ideas as to how i can make my mum accept him as a house bun??

If not is there anything else i could do to make his life more enjoyable? :)

xx

Awww Sarah can you not cinvince your mum that with it being winter either Jazz needs a girlfriend to snuggle up to when it's cold or he needs to come in the house to keep warm??

Yes i would try what Phill says.

The way i got around it was because my mum agreed with me about Charlie having a gf as he did look lonely out in the hutch on his own!! We had to get around Dad, but no-matter what he said i had a mission which was to get a gf! :)

Skip is a only bunny i would get him a gfriend but he is not neutered. I don't trust any vets to do it and i am too attached to him now to risk it.

He lives indoors though and gets lots of attendtion

hi

Has he been neutered?

I always say to my son that this is MY house and he can do what he likes when he leaves home, but till then he follows my rules - so I can see your mum's point, especially if she does all the housework and isn't keen on mess or animals - Is she home all day too?

However - there is YOUR bedroom - is that not a space that you have to clean yourself already? If not then maybe your mum would agree to Jazz in there in a crate if you do all the vacuuming and dusting in there and keep it tidy, otherwise out he goes? Rabbits don't smell or make much mess when they're litter box trained and neutered.

If she absolutely disagrees with him in the house, don't forget it's not going to be good for his health to come into the warm for short periods before being put out in the cold for the night too - can you use this arguament to persuade her?

Does she want you out in all weathers getting soaked whilst seeing to him?

If none of that washes with her, and he's neutered, why exactly won't she allow a second bunny to keep him company? Is it the money or the mess? Who pays for the food and stuff? It does seem unreasonable not to allow a second bunny if he HAS to live outside all the time :(

Squidgy's on his own, btu he lives inside with us, so has lots of company. I wouldn't like to think of my outside bunnies on their own. Squidgy actually lives in our dining room/study and we don't notice he's there in terms of mess and smell! I think it would be a great idea to see if your mum would let him live in your bedroom. Can you not make up some kind of argument like, it will teach you repsonsibility and to be tidy etc..... :D

hi

Hi

Well mine was alone,he got huge amounts of daily attention and didnt really mind being alone but I got his sister now and had him neuterd and they love eachother, they snuggle up although they are not housed together yet, Ive just put a psot up on where I can get a big hutch, also I now have another female.

I dont think 1 more if housed with your other is too much more hassle as such but then you need to neuter and prob get a big hutch too..

Sweety

joey lives on his own but i let him run around the house for a couple of hours each day, the rest of the time he is either in his run or his hutch. he seems happy enough but i wuold love another rabbit friend for him!

:D I bought my first bun when he was a baby, and he lived in my room, good as gold, litter trained, didn't make a mess as I used vet bed so the only place where there was any sawdust was in the litter tray, so it didn't get spread about :idea:

A few days later, my dad saw him, and fell in love with the lil' ball of fluff, then I introduced him to my mum :lol: She couldn't really say much by that point as we don't really have room for him outside and he was being so well behaved indoors. Now, 18 months later, I've adopted a female bun to keep him comapny, as he was so well behaved, and lived with me and was looked after by me, my mum didn't really have an arguement for it!! :p

hi

Well

Last year when I lost SWEETY,(thats why im named this,hahahah)

I said thats it, no more rabbits even though ive kept them for 30 yrs.

Then I said I want a silver fox and ended up with Pepper my blue dutch, then a few months ago I ended up taking his sister and now look I got this new one this week, so I guess im going BUNNY MAD as well as PIG MAD :lol:

Im a softy for those furry ears and big feet..

Sweety

Back