• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabsville Rabbits Escape!

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
:shock: I fed the Rabs at 11.30am and then went down to feed them some more at 3.00pm only to find a gap in the veranda frame and no rabbits in sight.

It just felt awful, I can't explain how it really felt. I hope I never have to experience it again.

I started calling them and looking around. The bottom of my garden backs on to other gardens at the bottom and one garden either side. Once in these gardens the Rabs could get into other gardens, onto the roads etc.

Within 1 minute one of the babies appeared (he came up from one of the gardens at the bottom)and followed me back to Rabsville. I shut him in with somw Timothy hay wich I'd taken down for them. Once he was in Lavender appeared from the same place almost straight away but ran uo into my garden and danced around in the flower beds. I fetched a bag of pellets shook them a liitle, put some on the ground and when she came to eat them grabbed her and took her back to Rabsville.

I thought this is too good to be true, Ill probably never see my other little boy again. I continued walking around in my garden as the Rabs know the sound of my feet on the pebbles and usually apear for food. I kept calling all the time, looking over into the other gardens to see if I could spot him.
I was about to start going into neighbours gardens when I turned round and noticed him on the Rabsvlle veranda. I tried to act normal and took him some pellets. As he started eating I closed the veranda frame behind me.

When I opened the playhouse door I filled their bowl with pelets and put the rest of the hay down, they were all eating. Strangely Lavender laid down in a rather relaxed manner, legs out, ears up, very close to me. The one of the babies laid out beside her. The other carried on munching.
I dont know if this is because they are glad to be back or if they are in some kind of shock? They must have been free for1hr and 15 minutes plus. My neighbour spotted one at quarter to 2.

Fortunetly from finding them gone they were all aback within 10 - 15 minutes. I cant believe I have been so fortunate.

This afternoon I will be securing the frame on the veranda so that it NEVER happens again. I couldn't cope with the stress!

Gosh how scary for you we have had escapees before so i know what you went through but glad that there all back safe and sound XX

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Came back from walking Sadie and took her in through the garage walked her out the garage door into the garden (luckily on lead) and almost straight into Athena, who was laying on the path! Looking around I realised their run had come apart and Zeus was loose too!

Luckily Sadie was much more interested in Cosmos and Violet in their run to do more than glance at the loose rabbits and Zeus, seeing Sadie, ran back into the run. Athena (the brave girl that she is) just turned her back on Sadie and started munching some grass so Brendan was able to grab her.

I would have been more worried but our garden is secure and the runs are more to protect the plants than to protect the rabbits ;) !

Brendan and I have decided to build some proper runs as those storage cubes just aren't standing up to being moved all the time.

Caz

hi

Oh how awful for you - I know that sick to the stomach with fear feeling :(

Soooo glad it had a happy ending though - I bet the only one suffering from shock is you! I prescibe at least half a bottle of wine! :p

Back