• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rex's

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
My Rex's are outside bun's, this is my first winter with rex's do I need to be making any special winter provisions? I will be putting them boxes in their bed area and covering the hutches with carpet and plastic sheeting, Bryn's also insulating the back of their hutches. Other then this do I need to do anything else? Their coats don't look thick enough to keep them warm?

No need to do anything else. Smokie my rex has always been an outdoor bunny and he has been fine. I do cover his hutch in the winter with a waterproof cover but that is it.

smokiemisty said:
No need to do anything else. Smokie my rex has always been an outdoor bunny and he has been fine. I do cover his hutch in the winter with a waterproof cover but that is it.

Excellent thank you, was a bit worried.

Mikeymoo said:
bunnylove said:
Mikeymoo said:
bunnylove said:
dont know never had one, maybe pm becky she will know!

but look at this one tree i want!

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=3474

Eve she is gorgeous

so get her for buster then!

She is to far Eve :(

Worcester is not that far from you - I got Beau from RSPCA in Worcester - only took me about 1.5 hours to get there - would be about the same for you. Only about 20 mins down the M5 from Birmingham Ikea.

Towsbuns said:
Mikeymoo said:
bunnylove said:
Mikeymoo said:
bunnylove said:
dont know never had one, maybe pm becky she will know!

but look at this one tree i want!

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=3474

Eve she is gorgeous

so get her for buster then!

She is to far Eve :(

Worcester is not that far from you - I got Beau from RSPCA in Worcester - only took me about 1.5 hours to get there - would be about the same for you. Only about 20 mins down the M5 from Birmingham Ikea.

yer lindsey! :wink: :wink: :lol:

hi tree
i find my lot cope better in winter than they do the summer
there coats are short but dence

that one on rr is exacly like my opal
she look like an opal mini rex
here is my opal

Mvc-770f.jpg

Back