• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dawns dead

gizmo

Mama Doe
she died yesterday, it was fiy strike :cry: . i saw that she hadent eaten her food and she didnt look very good. i fliped her over and she was covered in maggots. we put her in a bowl of water to try and wash them off and her fur up to half way up her back just fell out and there was bits of skin comming off as well :cry: :shock: . when i pulled her fur back the skin came up as well and there were loads of maggots under there. i cleened off as maeny as i could and took her out of the bowl to pick the rest off. as soon as i put her down she started screeming and then she started to take deep breaths (like buffy did) before she died :cry: . i cant beleve this has happend again, i should have noticed at least the night before. if only i picked her up more often i could have done somthing. i didnt think that i would happen this late in the year and it didnt help that she liked to lay in her litter tray. this is the second time iv had one of my bunnies die in my arms :cry: .
ill miss you dawn :cry:

Oh Gizmo,

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news that must of been an awful experience for you.

Please don't blame yourself and think "what if" Least you tried to do everything you could do.

Take it easy x

Aaaaw, Gizmo, I am so very sorry that this has happened, it is tragic. My heart goes out to you and little dawn, rest easy at the Bridge little one.

It certainly isn't an absolute failsafe I'm sure but I would prefer to use it rather than Rearguard but Assisi lotion from Bunny Bazaar is not terribly expensive and is homeopathic, reputed to kill kill/repel fleas, flies, etc. I give my bunnies a spray of it a couple of times a day in the very hot weather. I'm not saying it is the magical solution but let's hope it helps - you get quite a decent size bottle for £5.50 and it will go quite a long way. Too late for little Dawn I know but just thinking about your other 12 bunnies. :(

Oh, I really feel for you. I lost Nougat to flystrike in July and was absolutely devastated. She had actually started to get better and then went downhill and died 10 days after the 'strike'. It all happens so quickly.
Please don't blame yourself. Think of the good times and have an extra cuddle with your other bunnies.
Binky free Dawn

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. These nasty *******s can hatch out in a matter of hours, so even if you check your rabbits often, it can still happen. It's no fault of yours that these awful creatures exist .... why don't they stick to eating dead things???

Hugs from me and my buns and other pets.

Jane xxx

Oh gizmo im so sorry for youe loss i know how you are feeling at the moment as we lost Agi on saturday to flystirke don't blame your self please XX

Rest in peace little one XXX

I am soory for the loss of Dawn but it isn't your fault you did everything you possibly could and at least she will know that you love her very much.
Take care
kayjx

Sorry gizmo have only just caught up with this - so sorry tohear about Dawn - must have been aweful for youxx :(

So sorry Gizmo to hear about Dawn. Please don't blame yourself. It seems to happen so quickly but her last memory will be of you cuddling her

lonelybear.gif

Lizzie said:
Assisi lotion from Bunny Bazaar is not terribly expensive and is homeopathic, reputed to kill kill/repel fleas, flies, etc. I give my bunnies a spray of it a couple of times a day in the very hot weather. I'm not saying it is the magical solution but let's hope it helps - you get quite a decent size bottle for £5.50 and it will go quite a long way. Too late for little Dawn I know but just thinking about your other 12 bunnies. :(

Gizmo I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of little Dawn - I use the same as Lizzie even though my bunns are all indoors and its great for their coats and preventative too - hope this help your other bunsters.

Binky Free little Dawn XXXXXXX

OMG Gizmo, so sorry to hear of your loss. This must be a very sad time for you but like the others have said you must never ever blame yourself. You did what you could for her. Remeber the good times you had together. My heart goes out to you and your remaining twelve bunnies. :cry: :cry:

Back