• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudgy has left for the bridge

Mad_cat_rabbit

Warren Scout
About 30 minutes ago my beautiful Smudgy left me to go and play with Duke over the rainbow bridge.

I came home from work yesterday to find him looking worse for the wear. As the night went on he gradually got worse. Took him to the emergency vet only to be told he has an inoperable stomach tumour and the kindest thing would be to pts.

As I was on my own, O/H works nights,and had driven for 30 mins to get to the vets, I wanted to take him to my own vets tomorrow so my O/H could be with me. The vet gave him a mild sedative and a pain killer. I got home at 12:40 and he passed away at 1:15, in my arms with Treacle close by. I know it was selfish of me but I couldn't bear the thought of him passing over in a place he didn't know.

As I write this he's safe in my arms until I have stopped crying and Treacle stops licking him.

Play well, play safe and look down upon those who have cherished you and remember us and the piece of our heart you have taken with you.

Smudge with his girlfriend Treacle
232c89b8.jpg

All my favourite pictures of him.
DSCI0061.jpg

DSCI0065.jpg

DSCI0031.jpg

Rest in Peace Smudge (est May 2002 to Sept 2005)

so sorry to hear about smudge .
Binky free darling . Say hello to chico and cheekybun for me and all our treasured bunnies up there . xxx

I just can't believe my little Smudgey has left us, At least the memories I have are of him biting me everyday but also getting cuddles everyday. He was definately a small bun with a big personality. He will definately be missed by me and David.
You should have phoned me and I would have come with you as I think you probably went to my Vets (not that that matters) It is something that isn't very nice to find out on your own.
Take care and love and hugs to Treacle. I can now just picture Smudge thinking he is now brave enough to chase Marmalade instead of the other way round
Lots of Love
Kay
Smudge may have gone but I was so glad I had the chance to meet & look after him while you were on holiday
Binky Free little man

Big hugs to you, I am so sorry.....what a lovely little character he looks. You did the right thing, you had to be with him to say good-bye. :cry:

aww binky free Smudge this really touched me as he looks like my little man :cry: hope Treacle will be ok without him and sending big hugs to you ((((((hugs))))))

I am sorry to read that your lovely Smudge has passed over to the Bridge - it is always so sad for us left behind.

However our beloved pets live on in our hearts and in our treasured memories.

Big hugs

lol Pam

sorry

i am so very sorry , he died in your arms with his friend close by what a safe place to let go in.

just think of all the fun he had and the memories of love he took with him

debbie and p-bunny

Awwww sending hugs - I'm so sorry to hear about little Smudge but he will have know how much you loved and cared for him and it was lovely that you were with him as he passed on.

Thinking of you and Trecle at this sad time.

So sorry to hear about Smudge. It was good that he was with you and his girlie friend at the end. He went to the Bridge feeling loved and cared for.
Binky free Smudge

I have just buried him in the garden, under Treacle's favourite spot for sunbathing. I was holding up well as I dug the hole, but what cracked me up and started me crying again was when Harry cam to help dig the hole, then he lied down at the side of the hole while I finished digging. I suppose it was his way of saying goodbye too.

At least when I see Treacle lying down in the garden I know she will be forever close to her little Smudgy.

Back