• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi there!

hello everyone, new to this site but i can see it may be a little addictive! :)

We have a Dwarf Lop house bunny called Whispy, he is around 5 month old now and i can't believe how big he has grown! He is the brightest white you can imagine, with brown eyes and a flash of grey around one eye! Love him to bits and can't imagine life without him!

He had a bad reation to one of his vacinations (has anyone else had this experience??) and it was touch and go for a few days but he came round with a course of antibiotics and is fit and healthy again.

We were going to have him castrated in a couple of month but someone through a spanner into the works ....and left a 6 week old female dwarf on our doorstep in a cardboard box with some hay!

She is the smallest fluffiest little thing ever, ginger,white and specs of dark brown.(she has two tiger like markings across her bum! very cute! :p ). We decided we couldn't get rid of her (vet checked her out, she is a picture of health!) and needed to give her some kind of start in life. Poor little thing. She is forever running around exploring and loves snuggling into her fleece blanket sat on our lap.

Wispy can't wait to have a little bun to snuggle up to! He is due to be castrated on Thursday...

Can anyone give any advice on how he will be after his op? Will he be ok? or can we expect a change inhis behaviour?

obviously need to keep them seperate for at leat 3 weeks after, but can we try and bond them then??

Please help !! xxx

Hello and welcome, you will need to wait for 6 weeks before he can have a girlfriend too allow his hormnes to dye down but after that you will be able to get him a friend XX

Hiya to you and your Bunny Crew - great that Little Whispy will now have a girlfriend to cuddle up to but don't forget to wait the full term as it does take a while for their hormones etc to subside.

After the op you can expect your boy to perhaps be a little quieter than usual for 48 hours (although some bounce back as though nothing has happened :lol: ) - good idea is to pop him on something soft like Vetbed or similar so there is nothing that can irritate the wounds - tempt him with his fav food and generally give loads of TLC. Watch that he returns to eating and pooing within 24 hours - if your in any doubt give your Vet a call.

A good idea is just to check the wounds dailey just to make sure all's o.k and that he's healing well.

The op for a male is much less invasive than a female so I'm sure he will be absolutely fine but just yell us on here and we'll do our best to calm the bunny worries - we've all been there and done that - many times me thinks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck and looking forward to seeing some pickies of your furry crew :wink:

thank you for the replies, i feel a lot less worried now!
I will let you know how he gets on, and no doubt be asking lots of questions as to whether his behaviour aftrewards is normal!

how long would you say is ok (after his op) before we can introduce Whispy to his new friend? 6 weeks? x

Hello and welcome to you and your bunnies! It's a very addictive forum, with loads of great advice - enjoy!

Hi and welcome to the forum :D
I waited just over 5 weeks after having Kami done before I put him in with Tui - but they had been living right next to each other for a few weeks.
Your 2 sound lovely - can we see some piccies please?! :D

hello and welcome :wave: yep its 6 weeks untill you cann let them be together but you can put the girl next to your boy sooner in sprate pens cages so they can see each other

just tried to add a picture of Whispy and checking to see if i have done it right.. i'm not too good at all this technical stuff.. :oops:

That link looks great, thank you! i shall get the other half on to it (he does all that sort of stuff) asap and let you all see my bootaful buns! :D

hi again,think i've sorted it now :roll:
here's whispy when he was 8 weeks old on his first outting in the yard! (he's a lot bigger now!!!) then a little older claiming his spot on the couch. :)

STA60024.jpg
whispy.jpg

Back