• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In memory of Kjetil and Summi

Oh la la

Warren Scout
I have to admit that I bought Fabian from a breeder. I really wanted a new bunny, and here where I live there is no temperary homes for unwanted rabbits, only for cats and dogs. But I have rehomed rabbits before. My next door neighbour had two rabbits but they didn't get much love and attention. So my little sister spent a lot of time taking care of them. One time they gave me £5 to clean the cages. And when the owner got pregnant and had to move to a bigger apartement she didnt want anything to do with the rabbits. So my mum let me keep one lop (Summi)and I found a new home for the other one (Knut). A few month later i found a dwarf rabbit sitting under Summis cage. I tricked him to jump into a little cage and my sister new who the owers were so we took him with us and wanted to give him back. They looked suppriesed to see the rabbit and told me that he had run away 10 days ago. And they didn't want the rabbit back. They gave me 20 NOK (about £2) and said I could keep him. After convincing my mum with a little white lie, at that time I was 13, I took my new rabbit (Kjetil) home. And I think they had a good life. Summi (age 7) died in july 2002 and Kjetil (age 8 ) died the spring after.
They are burried next to each other in my mum's garden.

I'll look up some old photos to show you my :rabbit2: :bunny: .

Awww they did sound lovely - sounds like they had a lovely time with you and lived to ripe ole bunny ages - you must have been proud to have made sure they at least found some love in life. :wink:

Back