• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My African Pygmy hedgehog

Loppyju

Mama Doe
I had to have my little Bandit pts this morning he was one of the best pets I've ever had................ :cry: :cry:

Nite Nite Bandi-Boy

Bandit.jpg

BirdieBun said:
aww what an unusual pet and he was gorgeous what was wrong with him? how old was he? RIP little soul xxx

He was one year 7 months old, He had something wrong with his chest/neck area maybe a tumor in his throat (his mum died of a tumor on her face). He couldn't bend his neck forward and down and he was sicking up his food, so I had to grind his food to a powder and hold him even whilst he had a drink.

He used to run up to 4 miles a night in his wheel but A few weeks ago I noticed he was going really slow and he was sad, yesterday he started squeeking when he moved. The vet agreed he was in a bad way when he saw him try to walk but didn't want to try to look down his throat as he would have hurt him.

Awww bless him - thats the best lookin little hog I've ever seen - he's so cute and I'm so sorry you've lost the lovely Bandit :(

awww sorry to hear your news :cry: but at least you've got this lot to help you in your hour of need.great bunch they are :D seems to be a bit of a bad week for losing buddies :(

keep ya chin upxxxxxxxx

Bandit was a gorgeous little man, hedgepiggies always remind me of 'tough-looking' guinea pigs :lol:

You're in my thoughts m'dear...

~ Run free little Bandit, no more need for your wheel cos you've got miles and miles of lush green fields to scamper through, take all our love and share it with all the other hedgepiggies who didn't know love and kindness ~

AWWWW thanks everyone for you kind words it means so much to me :wink: , I know this topic ment to be for the bunnies but I get more :evil: comments about loving a Hedgie than I do for the other pets and I just wanted you all to see his cute little face.

My mum and dad came straight round and collected him from me after he was pts and have burried him in a lovely spot with the BIGGEST CONCRETE plant pot on top you've ever seen so no way are any foxes or cats getting him. I couldn't have burried him here as my sons would have been freaked out by it :?

bunnyhuggger said:
Bandit was a gorgeous little man, hedgepiggies always remind me of 'tough-looking' guinea pigs :lol:

You're in my thoughts m'dear...

~ Run free little Bandit, no more need for your wheel cos you've got miles and miles of lush green fields to scamper through, take all our love and share it with all the other hedgepiggies who didn't know love and kindness ~

Yeah they look like little piggies dressed up for a MAD MAX film :lol:

That's a lovely thought about him running in the fields :wink: :cry: :wink:

Loppyju said:
BirdieBun said:
aww what an unusual pet and he was gorgeous what was wrong with him? how old was he? RIP little soul xxx

He was one year 7 months old, He had something wrong with his chest/neck area maybe a tumor in his throat (his mum died of a tumor on her face). He couldn't bend his neck forward and down and he was sicking up his food, so I had to grind his food to a powder and hold him even whilst he had a drink.

He used to run up to 4 miles a night in his wheel but A few weeks ago I noticed he was going really slow and he was sad, yesterday he started squeeking when he moved. The vet agreed he was in a bad way when he saw him try to walk but didn't want to try to look down his throat as he would have hurt him.

Awwww hun poor little mite he sounds lovely!

What a beautiful little baby...so teeny and so cute. I am so sorry that you have lost him. He will be with all our babies having a good time
barc.gif

Back