• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shredded paper

nreal_hill

Warren Scout
Just a really quick question. My wife has bought some shredded paper home from work as an alternative bedding for our house bunny. Thing is he seems to be eating it (even though he has hay to eat) rather than actually snuggling up in it. Is this going to be alright for him? She works in an office and they deal with a lot of confidential stuff so they shred the paper. We thought it might nice for him to play around in???

Personally I can't see it being worse than newspaper which is used for bedding, but I just thought I'd check??

The main thing i can think of that shreeded will not be as absorbant, you may want to keep a check as im sure you would that they didnt get a piece tangled around there legs as this can cut of the blood. val

I thought of this for my bun once, but the stuff that gets shredded at our place often has staples in it and printer ink is poisonous if it hasn't sealed properly. My rabbit also chews through card and paper like no tomorrow too, so for that reason he doesn't have shredded paper from work or newspaper either, he sleeps on "vet-bed" which is also easier to clean out and doesn't get trapsed around the house! :roll: and chew on loo roll or kitchen roll tubes instead

I use it, my dad get's it free from work. As long as there is'nt ink or staples in it then it should be fine.
I guess some bunnies react differently towards it, smokey goes mad with it and starts eating and ripping it up whilst my other 2 just sniff and look at it then walk away.

Back