• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering Daisy

Rushie

Banned
Daisy was a beautiful Dutch who came into our lives after being unwanted. We were her 3rd home :evil:

She had been living at her last home in a small hutch and was regularly fed on lettuce! We brought her home, bought her a new hutch and gave her the run of the garden. What a little character she turned out to be!

She loved digging in the dirt at the top of the garden and appearing in the kitchen with black paws and nose to match! She ate the wallpaper off the walls, chewed the carpets but she was sooooo loving. She would sit for hours on your lap being cuddled and would often fall asleep on you.

She had been having loves one evening, a beautiful summers evening. It was about 9.30pm and I let out her in the garden for one more little run around before bed. Fifteen minutes later I went out to put her to bed. I called and called but she had gone. Hubby and myself stayed out for an hour looking for her. The garden was absolutely bunny proof, no way she could have got out at all. Horrified, we realised that she must have been taken by a fox.

We went to bed, but I was up the next morning at the crack of dawn to see if my baby was back, still hoping that she was alive. But nothing :(

I was convinced that the fox would be back, but we never did see one again.

This all happened 3 years ago but I still think of her often. I loved her so much and I still miss her even after all this time.

Rest in peace little Daisy, it broke my heart to lose you. But I know that you had 2 wonderful years with us and for that I will always be greatful.

Kate

Oh dear - I am in tears reading this. It must have been heartbraking for you - but she had a loving home as you say withxx

I cried my eyes out just writing this, and could remember the feeling of horror when I realised that she had really gone :(

I still blame myself. If I had put her straight back into her hutch and not let her have a final run around she wouldnt have died. I have gone over and over in my head how awful it would have been for her but lots of people have told me that the fox would have killed her instantly. I hope this was indeed the case.

I still miss her SO much :(

Kate

Oh Kate ...this is just so sad. Please do not blame yourself, you could not possibly know and she was enjoying herself. I know how much you would wish to turn the clock back and how much you hurt. Thinking of you as we all are because it could happen to anyone

thinkingofyou.gif

Awww Kate - we were all only saying over the past days how the memory of our little bunnies stay with us and there is nothing wrong with that at all - sheading a tear only shows just how much you loved and you still miss her and thats lovely to hear.

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies. Only other bunny owners know the full extent of how these little animals capture your heart.

Kate

Back