• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extremely Experienced Home Needed...

FurryFriends

Warren Scout
...for Max.

Max is a light harlequin lop looking for a forever home.

He came in from the Pet Rescue board because he was going to be euthanased. He was found in a field and was neutered, but he is a fiesty soul. He needs someone who is very confident with bunny handling as he bites.

He has only been neutered for two weeks and hopefully he should calm down with a bit of routine and regular handling.

Pairing him up is a possibility as in his previous home he accidently got shut in his hutch with a cat and they spent an uneventful night sharing quite happily.

I cannot work out whether it is nerves or just brazen dominance with him. I find him ok to handle, but I think he knows that I know what I am doing!!!

He is approx 6-8 months old and although the vet who neutered him said that he was born in the wild, I know he wasn't because wild rabbits scream blue murder when you try and handle them. He just kicks a bit and then admits defeat.

If anyone can help out with this needy boy then please let me know.

Emma (Furry Friends Animal Rescue) Surrey
Tel: 020 8407 1080/0797 356 9371
Email: Adrs@aol.com

We are making progress with Max.

He is very territorial in his hutch and that is something that we need to work harder with.

I am making a point of taking Max out of his hutch and walking him all over the house, letting him meet the other animals (who he is not bothered with at all) and so he will be used to dogs and cats when he leaves here.

He goes into the grass run and he has got a good appetite for fresh grass. When he first went out there he would head butt me when it was time to come in. He still tries it on a bit, but is much calmer now and seems to like a good routine.

He loves his fresh veg and I am giving him minimal dry food as he loves his fresh so much. I have started to give him Super Rabbit Excel to try and keep him a bit calmer, plus as much fresh hay as he can eat.

I am still having trouble actually putting my hands in the hutch. He is not happy with that, but he is getting better.

Max would suit someone who is happy to have a watching bunny. He is not a cute, cuddly bunny. He is most independent and thinks he knows it all!

Emma

fraid it is top secret and we have been told that if agent 0018 finds we let it slip then its toast for us :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too right Agents would certainly have faiiled their mission 8)

would someone be able to get him to me! if so i could take him in a week or so and he could have a hutch with and 10 x 6 run, so handleing would not be a problem, and he would have lots of rabbit to sit next to!

i have experience with bunnys that dont like handling, good job really havent got the time to handle them all, ONLY JOKING! but with all the buns i have i dont need cuddlers!

pm me if i can help!

eve x

Yeah I know :roll: but I know I will get away with it :lol: :lol: :lol: Cos you love me Auntie Eve :wink: :lol: :lol:

Back