• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new baby gone so soon!

claireh

Warren Scout
hi all
i have sad news :( my new addition bodie the english lop who i got last sunday and seemed to be doing well despite being v.scrawny due to bullying by his brother died suddenly on thursday night. :cry: despite only being with us for a short time i am very upset and as you can imagine so is my 4yr old son who had waited so long for his boy,so please please please if anyone knows of any english lops in need of good loving home with vet nurse i'd be really grateful if you could let me know.this might be a tad fussy and i know i can get around him but my son would like another all black male however if it's an urgent rehome case we'll have it anyway :D
thanks for your time
claire n max

aw thats such sad news . even if these little bundles are only with us a short time it still hurts when we loose them . I am sure that this little one knew nothing but love in his short life . I hope you find another one for you and your son to love :( .xx

aww,you are all so sweet :) thanks for your support.when i've worked out how to?? i shall post a pic of him so you can see how gorgeous he was.
i'm so gutted,it took me months to find him english lops being a particular fave and being a passionate breeder hater,sorry no offence intended but too many have no scruples and cull merrily! i waited for one via rescue for ages . it was a pleasure to have him if only for a short while :) :( mixed blessings really!
there's so many buns in need i'm sure we'll have some new babes soon who'd like to live in fine accomodation with the four cats for company as they miss bodie too! think they didn't know what to make of him actually!!

hi

oh I'm sorry to hear that - your poor son too - my son was devastated (and very confused) when we lost our cat when he was that age :(

There's no shortage of bunnies needing good homes - but it depends how far you can travel really - or if a bunny run can be arranged - Furry Friends isn't far from you though - and have you checked dogpages forum? They often have rabbits needing homes too.

thanks for that,am doing a ring round as where poss would really like another english lop but really don't want to go the breeder route. gonna ring the lady who runs the english lop club,last time i spoke to her i'd just missed a doe who was euthanased 24hrs previously as she "wouldn't breed', :cry: i can't put what i think of these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! scum is a good place to start but not strong enough.............

Awwwww I'm so sorry to hear about your loss you must be devastated in only having him for such a short time. I think most of the Rescues will confirm that they are just starting to come into the busy season so I'm sure you'll have absolutely no problem in finding another bunny to love.

Awww, so sorry to hear about your Bodie, my heart goes out to you and your son.

~ Binky free little man, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

Aaaaaw, that is really so sad, I am very sorry. It must be so hard coping with both your own and your son's grief, I would find that utterly heartbreaking. I hope you have some success in finding another rabbit: I hate the idea of a living creature being euthanased because it has not bred for whatever reason - crumbs! if they did that to humans I would be long gone!!!!

Hi Claire

It doesn't matter how long we have these darling babies....they capture your heart so I am so sorry and for your son who will find it hard to understand.

hearts_floating_around_heart_md_wht.gif

Sorry to hear your sad news - your little son must be very confused bless him :( Hope you can find another bun for him soon - there are so many needing homes!

hiya all, :D
thanks for your kind comments.as you know i didn't really want to go the breeder route but seems i may have to in order to get another english lop and then pair with a rescue baby when settled n neutered etc..
does anyone know of anybody a little closer to london than manchester as i had a guy called martin contact me to say he had some but due to work etc may be a bit difficult to go so far,also bit worried about transporting them so far as buns stress so easily
any ideas anyone................

claire xxxxxxxxxxx

Back