• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch size

Frejay

Young Bun
Hi, it's my cousins birthday soon and it's been (nearly)a year since her darling Hoppy died.As a gift, A friend Of a friend is selling a large hutch, the size is 180cm x 90cm x 60cm would this be and good sized hutch for either a netherland dwaf or minni lop? I figure it's too good to pass up! Her old hutch is rather worn down now-this ones good quality.

[edit] Im pretty sure it's model (d) at this site ( but alot cheaper :p)
[edit 2] ooops forgot the link :oops: http://securapet.orcon.net.nz/

6' x 3' x 2'

It's good enough for a giant, so will be absolutely fine for a small breed. But please consider getting a second bunny as they don't like being on their own.

Vera

LurcherGirl said:
6' x 3' x 2'

It's good enough for a giant, so will be absolutely fine for a small breed. But please consider getting a second bunny as they don't like being on their own.

Vera

Yes I'd agree - they can get very lonely by themselves. b-m

Is your cousin planning to get another rabbit or two? Not sure from your post if the idea has come from them or if you were planning the hutch as a surprise?

Thanks for the advice! My uncle and Aunt have just told her that she can get another rabbit! She's hopefully getting a bonded pair from the SPCA and the hutch is a birthday gift from me because her old one is a bit run down now. The bunny's will be very happy--they'll have run of he garden and come inside lots just like hoppy did :D But yes the hutch s a suprise..well to her anyway he parents know ;)

Back