• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dillon - still loved - still missed

bunnytales

Mama Doe
Well I guess my ole Mate Mandy's post kind prompted me here but its strange how you just have some days when you carn't get a past pal out of your mind and today has for some reason just been one of those days.

Dill stole my heart the minute I walked into the RSPCA homing centre - he was such a rascal - at that time he was un-neutered and quite a hand full - apparently he had been found wondering the streets of Sparkbrook in Birmingham - what a tinker bun eh :lol: :lol:

I remember it being just prior to Christmas when I first saw him and after waiting for him to be neutered and after the Christmas wait period is was the 3rd January before he could be brought home to Buffs who was absolutely smitten with her new fella - they were inseperable and their match up was no problem at all.

He was with us for just over 12 months when he started to have dramatic weight loss and we felt he had contracted perhaps EC but despite everyones best efforts he fell asleep in Adele's loving bunny arms in May 2004.

It was hard at the time to see anything positive I could do to remember him but as he'd had so many happy times with Buffy at Adeles we did "Dills Den" which we hoped might make visiting bunnies happy when they came to Adeles and had a memory plaque too, We have the same plaque in the girlies Den with his photo on so he will always look down on his inseperable pal Buffy to keep an watchful bunny eye on her. (especially with Zac in the house :lol: :lol: )

Here's some of my fav pickies of him.

DILLON - MY LITTLE MAN

justdill.jpg

DILLS - JUST BEING DILLS
dillpeepin.jpg

DILLS WITH BUFFY - THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE
buffandill.jpg

Kinda of funny now though how Zac has come along to kinda ease the pain of the loss of Dill and Cagney now keeps Buffy company and they are such close pals.

Bunny love eh - ever difficult to understand but worth every moment - Dillon - So lovely, So Loved and so very missed (still) :love:

It never goes does it Lany....these babies steal our hearts and have them forever. Dills looked a right wee character and so much loved

aniback11.gif

Awww Lany :(

At least this little man had someone special to love him :rabbit2:

~ Binky Free little man ~

Big hugs from me and my furries xxxx

Aaaaaaaaw, Lany, you are soooo right....some days they are just on your mind more than others! Maybe it is when they are invisibly following us around more closely than usual - as Marlene says, they take our hearts, they really do and the wonderful thing about being here is that we all understand each other's sadness at losing our special friends. We love those who are here now but don't love those who have passed over any the less because we cannot physically see them. Big hugs to ya gal!!! Dill was obviously one bun and a half and a very handsome fella!!!!! :wink:

Now isn't that strange, I had a Smokey day yesterday, quite tearful in fact :( There's no doubt about it, those little personalities stay stuck in your heart and memories forever. Dillon was a little cutie, he reminds me a little of Muff Bags.

Oh Lany what a truly lovely post, bought a tear to my eye, he sure looked a real cheeky chappie, and so handsome too :love: no wonder Buffs fell for him....... fantastic pics gal :thumb:

So sorry Auntie Lany :( each bun goes straight into the heart and will always stay their no matter what happens.

Marlene said:
It never goes does it Lany....these babies steal our hearts and have them forever. Dills looked a right wee character and so much loved

aniback11.gif

aw marlene , i know what you mean , cheeky has been gone two months now and i,m ok most of the time but occasionally I remember something and then it strikes me that he,s gone and it feels like a dagger through mt heart . Chico bun has been gone for 7 years now but I still miss him too.
We never stop missing them , we just learn to live without them in body but in our hearts they are still there .
Lany - I know what you mean too .

Awwww thanks so much maties - Its lovely to know you all know whats its like eh -

how strange it is that these feelings just creep up on you - I certainly didn't think that some 18 months on I'd suddenly have a "Dills moment" and end up reaching for the tissue box - MOH bless - came upstairs just after I'd posted his pickies on here and said "wots up with you then lass :?: - got something in your eye" :?:

- :lol: :lol: - I had to smile - no I thought - just "Dillon Tears" :wink:

Back