• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits at Twycross Zoo

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I went to Twycross Zoo yesterday afternoon as it was my friends birthday. I only live 20 minutes drive away. It is a nice zoo. I last went 5 years ago and it seems like it has improved since then.
Of course I had to go to the pets corner to visit the rabbits!
This is a picture of a couple of Belgian Hares that were gorgeous. I tried to entice them into my handbag when no one was looking!

belgianhares.jpg

Bit disappointed that they keep them living with guinea pigs though. They didn’t have a hiding place either in that enclosure but the other enclosure that had about 8 rabbits in had a nice big hutch inside it.
I couldn’t believe how low the wall was round their enclosue. Mine have jumped over a metre high run so these two could easily hop over this wall.

zoo.jpg

This is the other enclosure that had a bunny born without ears, poor thing. He seemed quite happy though.
noears2.jpg

noears.jpg

zoo2.jpg

Oh good, it looks like they have finally decided to swap the straw for hay. I visited a couple of years ago and ended up having a big argument (in the middle of a crouded zoo which suprised even me :shock: ) with the head keeper about the guinea pigs. They were on straw and had no hay and most of them had terrible eye infections. They also all had bad skin problems which they hadnt treated correctly. At least they look like they have improved things since then, good job really because I dont think I would fancy having another argument with that pompous git again :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: , shame they still keep the rabbits in with the pigs though :cry:

It is a shame. All the piggies and rabbits looked healthy though. I just think its bad those belgian hares didn't have any space to run round with all those piggies about! :roll:

Back