• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

broken front tooth

Honeybun

Warren Scout
Mia was chewing the bars on the top of her cage (the door was open but she was chewing anyway) and she got stuck. She panicked, and I tried to unntangle her, but before I could she pulled back really hard and has broken one of her front teeth.

The edges don't look sharp, she doesn't flinch when I touch the surrounding area and she is eating and drinking as usual. Should I just leave it to grow back (and keep an eye on it to make sure it grows straight), or should I take her to the vet?

Personally I think I get her Vet checked just to be on the safe side, especially as I'm not that experienced when it comes to Teeth so the Vet may spot something that I'd missed.

Glad she's eating and drinking o.k though that sounds like a good sign.

cheeky done that years ago when he ran into a door . don,t ask :roll:

The vet burred both the teeth down so they were even again and they grew fine after that . Its a simple procedure and cheeky wasn,t even sedated as he was such a chilled bunny . It only took 5 minutes and it fixed the prob there and then .

cheeky done that years ago when he ran into a door . don,t ask

tell the truth you were hiding the mushy peas again and he was trying a mushy break out ;) :lol:

I would take a quick vet trip, just in case :)

I'd get the vet to check it out - my mini rex broke one of his front teeth and he must've banged it, as it grew back misaligned and eventually knocked the other teeth out of position and had to have them all removed. Hopefully its won't turn out as major as this for your bun though.

Back