• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabsville Grand Opening (Photos)

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
After many months of blood, sweat and tears Rabsville is ready at last.
My carpentry and DIY skills have been put to the test along with my patience but now I feel very proud of myself and my rabs will be much happier in there over the long dark winter months.

Ramp leads to first level shelf. Under the shelf to be used as a sleeping area (box of straw),
I have insulated under the shelf by putting polystyrene packaging sheets in the cavity and attaching cardboard sheets on top.
Ramp leads from first shelf to next level.
PhotobucketRville1.jpg

PhotobucketRville2.jpg

PhotobucketRville3.jpg

My brother put a cat flap in the door and I have a moveable frame for the veranda, side and top.

PhotobucketRville4.jpg

I have attached pieces of the wire mesh (squares) to the playhouse walls to hang water bottles etc and have 2 small push on lights which use 2x AAA batteries (re-chargeable) which stay on through the night. Not very bright but at least the Rabs wont fall off the ramps in the dark!
I've also attached small plastic coated hooks here and there to attach/dangle things from.

So far rabs seem to like it and have started trashing it already and theyv'e only been in a week!

Rabswood

its amazing! Well done! you should of seen my old rabbit hutch i tryed to make...lets just say it wasn't fit for what itt was made for!
But this?! Its like a palace! what lucky bunnies :D

hi

that's lovely - well done :D Like the idea of wire tacked to the walls for bottle holders...like lots of your ideas - will steal them ASAP! :D

Thanks everyone. I'm very proud of it. I couldn't have done any of it without this website. I looked at other bunny accomodation and was inspired by it.
Rabswood :D

That is truly stunning!!!! I am gobsmacked by it!!!!! :D You have every right to be very, very proud of yourself, it looks absolutely wonderful!!!! Well done!!!!! :D

Back