• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BRIAN & BOBBY RESERVED 3 years on

janice

Wise Old Thumper
ARC are a small animal rescue which is based in Twickenham, South West London. We have a number of males currently looking for a home, these include the following. There are also a number of other males which are expected in over the next few days, these will be put up on our website as soon as pictures can be organised. Our website is www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk

These buns are looking for a new home:
Brian and Bobby have now been with ARC for almost 2 years and would really love a permanent home where someone will love and care for them and help them to get over their natural timidity. They originally came from a situation where breeding had became out of control and were living in very cramped accommodation. A total of 47 rabbits were removed from this household. These 2 boys had been living with 5 other rabbits of different ages in a 4 foot cage! Since coming into ARC's care the boys have been neutered and vaccinated and enjoy the comforts of a much larger 2 storey hutch, with a large outside area to explore. Although both male, they get along well, so have remained together during their stay here. Brian has a white flash on one foot and Bobby is all black. Like all rabbits, Brian and Bobby are naturally inquisitive and enjoy exploring their outdoor area. They do not bite or behave aggressively in anyway but are timid when handled, so would prefer a home where people will handle them patiently and gently until they become more confident. They are still looking to be rehomed into bigger and better accomodation than they had previoulsy had prior to arriving with ARC. Brian is slighlty larger, he has a white flash on one foot. Bobby is all black. They are all very friendly and are enjoying spending time out running about in the garden. Now reserved at last

EDIT: August 2006 Brian and Bobby are still with ARC in foster care and remain looking for a forever home. Someone somewhere must have room for these buns?
Brianbobby.jpg

EDIT August 2007 Brian and Bobby remain in the foster care of emilyarc's family almost 2 years on and remain looking for a forever home.

Dusty rehomed is a one year white and agouti coloured male rabbit. Dusty has now been neutered and is on the look out for the friendly family who will take care of him after, for the rest of his life. Dusty would love a home either as a house bunny or with a girlie friend, or both! He is a friendly boy who enjoys being stroked and made a fuss of. Dusty is currently being paired up with a girl friend
dusty.jpg

Mylo has come into our care due to their previous owners ill health. Mylo is a black and white english boy who is soon to be neutered. Once he has been neutered he will be ready to be rehomed with another bunny to live a long and happy life. Mylo is 2 years old and loves to come out of his hutch for a run in the garden. Mylo has now found a home
mylo.jpg

Brendan has come into ARCs care after a being rescued from a family who had no intention of taking him to the vets even though he was desperate for medical attention. Brendan is a 1 year old, very pretty black and white butterfly lop who has recently had to have his leg amputated after having broke his tibia and fibula. Brendan has now been neutered and is now recovering after the big operation that he has had. Brendan is living inside at the moment and will make a brilliant house bunny for anyone who is looking to give a good home to a bunny that has been through a lot. Brendan will be better suited to either and adult home or a home where there is only older children and he would love to be bonded with a girlie bun. Brendan now has found a new home
brendanlg.jpg

Ben is a 2.5 year old unneutered male lop who has come into the care of ARC having been left with a lady whose neice had moved and had failed to sort out alternative arrangements for BEN after 3 months. In desperation, Ben was handed over to ARC for rehoming. Once Ben is neutered on Thursday he would make an ideal house rabbit, he loves to be where the action is and likes nothing better than sitting in front of the TV in the evening with someone to cuddle up to and a good film. He will make any excuse to come inside, however as he is not neutered he does not spend long periods indoors at the moment.
He seems a little unsure about being held for long periods but simply loves lots of strokes and plenty of attention. He is happy to sit next to you on a chair. He appears to be reliable at being litter trained.
He will be looking for a home with a girl friend. Ben has now found a forever home
ben.jpg

Rex is a black neutered and vaccinated lion head boy that is all ready to go and is waiting for the right home to come along. Rex is about 9 months old and would loved to be homed with a girl bunny, and a loving family who will look after him. Rex has now found a home
rexlg.jpg

Cheeko Cheeko is a 5 month old grey and white dutch rabbit who was initially bought to go with a guinea pig. Cheeko's old partner now has another piggie to live with and he is now looking for a girl rabbit to set up home with. He previously lived with children. Cheeko will accept being handled for short periods of time, he does tend to scratch if he feels unsupported and when got out of his hutch. Over the next week or so he will get lots of time out on the concrete to help wear his nails down and hopefully with lots of handling will soon learn to keep his claws in. He would like a new home where they have lots of dandelions to eat. Cheeko has now found a home
cheeko.jpg

If you would like to discuss further any of these rabbits please pm Donna-arc or contact us via the website.

Janice

Last edited:
rex and brendan have both found themselves homes, but the others are still waiting for the right homes to come along!

no one out there looking for 2 nice boys that they want to give a loving home to? we have had brian and bobby for rather a long time and there are all ready and waiting for someone to come along and give them a good home after the bad start they have had!!!

sophie

hi

Brian and Bobby were living 7 to a 4'cage? :shock: Poor boys - they remind me of Benny and Pepsi who were very good friends and followed each other everywhere - I'm glad they've found a better life now and I hope someone (not me sadly) can give them a forever home..

But WHY OH WHY are they being advertised to go to someone with a female rabbit? A female rabbit will just break the bond these boys have with each other - they would surely be perfectly happy going as a bonded pair and staying that way?

Originally they came in as a group of 3 rabbits, one was rehomed. These two are happy together, however as they have been with ARC for over a year now and no one has even enquired about them, this leaves ARC in a difficult predicament as it would be so nice to find them a forever home together soon rather than having to share having time out in the run and the attention of a fosterer who also works and who has quite a number of animals to attend to. Ideally it would be nice to rehome them together, however as no one wishes to take them on as a pair, the only other option if we are to find them a forever home appears to be to see if they can be repaired up with a female each. They are still living together and would only be split if a home was found for one of them, the other remaining one would them be paired up immediatly.

Many rescues we communicate with have similiar problems with rehoming pairs of rabits particulary male pairs, individual rabbits are rehomed far quicker. Earlier on this year we had a similiar situation with a pair of females, they were a lovely pair of lops, they were continually overlooked even when we got down to only having one or two other females about. They were eventually 'advertised' individually and were each offered homes with a neutered male very quickly. It is not ideal I admit, however the girls are now in forever homes with doting partners and getting the exclusive attention of their new owners which is wonderful for them and has given them a new start in life.

I think I'd better add that these two boys are OK together but certainly not very close or loving - they have a 'take you or leave you' relationship. If they really loved each other there is no way we would consider breaking their bond.

Well I love Ben to bits but I think I will be thrown out of the house if I get any more rabbits! (although o/h seems to have grown extremely fond of the new bunnies to my great delight :D )

Bobby and Brian are still looking for a forever home. :oops:

If any one is able to offer them that forever home please pm me.

Janice

How is Dusty getting on with finding a girlfriend!? Does that mean he is finding a girlfriend at the rescue or has he found a prospective home and is being paired up there?
xx

All on this page have found a home months ago apart from Bobby and Brian who still are with us, they have been with us well over 18 months now :oops:

Brian and Bobby still remain in the care of ARC almost 2 years after arriving with us. The remaining rabbits who came with them have long been rehomed. Has anyone got any space in their heart and home for these 2 lovely boys.

If you would like any further information please email donna@animalrescueandcare.org.uk or ring 020 87551807

:shock::shock: Why on Earth havent they been taken!? Does that make it 4 years now then? Or just the 2?
We would if we could!

Yes, the title is misleading it's much more than two years now. The website needs updating too Janice.
You can tell they are our longest residence as they are at the very bottom of our rabbits needing homes page :(

Back