• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with biting

I need some help with dealing with Daisy's biting. She seems to have got into the 'habit' of biting, when she was in season it was a definete territory thing, but the last couple of days she has been biting when she is quite happy, letting me stroke her, give nose rubs etc. Tonight, one minute she was licking me and being really freindly, then jsut leant over and gave me a sharp bite. I tapped her nose lightly, told her 'no Daisy' and put her straght back into the cage, so I hope she got the message that she shouldnt do it, like I say, its seems to be sort of as if she is playing, part of her behaviour now, and I really dont want that.
Anyone got any suggestions :roll:

I think you're supposed to squeal, like a rabbit would when it was in pain, and then put her back in her cage. Your squealing reaction would tell her that she had hurt you, and hopefully, as she's obviously not doing it aggressively, she will eventually get the message!

i think what you did was about right. nemo sometimes decides to nip me for no reason. i do the same i say no ,either move away or move him away and turn my back and ignore him. he soon comes sniffing round for a forgiving fuss.

hi

Maa nipped me once in a 'hurry up with my food' way - I stamped my foot and turned away from her and she never did it again - I'm very wary though - I never relax when I'm stroking them, even Benny, who's never bitten, as I'm watching for 'that look' in their eyes :shock:

To my mind they have no reason to enjoy being handled, so I keep it brief incase I annoy them.

I squeal when Mikey 'bites' me. I think its more shock than anything. Since donig that he no longer bites me just puts his teeth on me - if that makes sense

hi

I'd die of fright if one of mine bit me - I guess they could finish their meal in peace then :lol:

I only pick my rabs up when they are going to the vet or to do a quick health check.Poor Pippin has to keep having his teeth clipped, he's due to have them out when he gets castrated so the poor little man must associate being picked up with the vets. When I picked him up the other day he gave me a little nip. Haven't picked any of them up since but I'm hoping it wont happen again. Once the boys have been castrated and Pips has had his teeth out hopefully that will be the end of the vets for a while and getting picked up by mommy wont be so scarey.
Rabswood

hi

Aww - poor Pippin :( Pick him up and give him a dandelion leaf - that'll convince him you're nice again :)

hi

ah - the language of bunnies :roll: If they could speak then they wouldn't need to bite us for not being telepathic :(

Back