• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bindi has a major hang-over!!!!

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
Bindi was spayed today, i picked her up at 5pm, and shes looking so miserable!!!

The vet nurse said she munched all her food down really well, and her bowl was completely empty.

She ate a little parsley tonight but has given up and is sitting in her bed sulking!!! I guess shes a little sore.

The vet nurse said that shredded paper would be better then sawdust as it might stick to her wounds. So Bindi has got a nice cosy bed tonight.

Gracie and animals x

Bindi and Daisy can comiserate over their missing bits together!!! Bindi seems to be eating more than, Daisy, only got her to nibble a leaf so far :cry:

She is also sulking :cry:

Bindi, is still sulking. She had been cuddley but so would i be if i had a hang-over. She is eating fine. And because i was asked to put her on shredded newspaper, i put her hay in a hay basket and she loves it!!! Infact shes eating more hay then usual.

Gracie and animals x

hi

Awww - get well soon Bindi and Daisy - When Charlie got neutered on Friday I made the mistake of relaxing when he seemed fine on Saturday - I guess the painkiller didn't wear off till Sunday :shock:

He wouldn't drink on his own and nearly died I'm sure - his eyes lost their shine and he wouldn't even eat his veg :(

I held the spout of the bottle to his mouth every couple of hours ever since, and dandelions got him eating again so try them if all else fails - today is the first day he's got off his sore little butt to drink by himself - yay :D

Bindi went for her check up today. The vet nurse was very impressed by Bindi. She was a really good girly. even when the vet nurse put a thermometer up her botty!! Poor Bindi!!!

We have just got Bindis hay hanger, thingy fixed up. It was attached to her door but she didn't like it there. Now, we have hung it on the side of her hutch. She prefers eating her hay from the hanging thingy, and it gives her more room to Bindi about!!

Gracie and animals x

Back