• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

shes still drooling!!

kez

Warren Scout
I took my bun bella to the vets last week to have her molars filed down,the vet filed them right down to her gum line but shes still drooling.The only other thing is she doesnt close her mouth im wondering if this is causeing it,She had her incisors removed a year and a half ago.
Shes eating and seems back to her normal self,surely it cant be her teeth again?

i cant see that it will still be her teeth causing problems if she only had them done last week. perhaps her mouth is sore from the treatment and this is causing it. i would be tempted to take her back to the vets to put my mind at rest if she were mine to rule out a gum infection.

Angie

Yeah i think im going to take her on tuesday as my cats booked in then. Apart from that she seems fine she still doesnt want to eat much fruit or veg but shes eating her usual food ok.
As he filed her teeth right down they maybe are still a bit sore.
Thanks for replying.

I took her yesterday and the vet thinks she has bitten her gum and got a slight infection.He let me have a look and you could see on her gum a little red dot where it looks like shes caught it. He gave her a painkilling injection and shes on baytrill and already she doesnt seem to be drooling as much.

Back