• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy died

conny

Warren Scout
My poor little Poppy died a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to tell the rescue centre we got her from before posting here, but it has been so difficult to write to them, every time I tried, I cried so much that I had to abandon the message. I finally wrote to them, but writing this post isn't much easier.

She refused her food one Sunday morning, but accepted liquidised food so I thought she was getting better, she had no signs of pain and was even moving around and washing herself.

And then suddenly she took a turn for the worse, we rushed her to the vet but it was too late.

We got a bun called Murray at the same time, he was very very nervous but Poppy helped him gain confidence and thanks to her he became a much more relaxed bunny. But after she had gone he seemed to feel very vunerable and stressed, so the first thing we had to was find him a girlfriend. They don't get on and fight when they come into contact (which is why I asked for help in bonding) but just having her around has relaxed him so much.

Here is a photo of Poppy, she was such a lovely bunny, so sweet and gentle.

popscary.jpg

She's a lovely looking bunny - such a gorgeous open friendly face too - we're really sorry she's gone.

It's so very hard to come to terms with - especially when they go that quickly. There is some comfort in knowing that any suffering was minimised, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with the emptiness.

We found that posting here did help - although it was so difficult, we were in tears during most posts, but it helped to give some focus of sorts.

She was obviously very loved and she's now binkying around and making friends at the rainbow bridge.

Ask her to keep an eye out for Jaro - he's new there too.

Take care

Martin + Pam

SO sorry to hear about Poppy, she didn't suffer and knew she was loved. That's so important. I lost Nougat very recently, we planted a rose bush on her grave and it's starting to flower now. Everytime I look in the garden it makes me smile, thinking of her antics!

Nougat's friend, Bobby, was getting depressed, so we got Ruby to keep him company. It was great for him, as he started to come alive again. I'm sure you've done the right thing for Murray.

Binky free Poppy

Aaaaw, Conny, I am so dreadfully sorry, it is extremely hard but there is consolation in knowing that folks here really do understand! It is a year since my beloved Charlie went to the Bridge and I still miss his cheeky little face and funny little ways, he was a very special boy. And if it is any further consolation, I find it very hard reading these posts sometimes through the tears. :cry: These little ones come into our lives and steal our hearts. You'll still have your moments but the pain will become easier to bear.

I think about Harriet sometimes and I think well, is she, where has she gone, she has to be somewhere, she cannot just be extinguished??? And my brother once said to me years and years ago when we were quite young, and he is not a particularly spiritual type, well not on the outside anyway but he said: "That life, that little person (I suppose he meant spirit) must have gone somewhere, energy doesn't just disappear, it transfers somewhere else". I bet if I mentioned it to him he wouldn't remember having said it but it has always stayed with me. So think of little Poppy at the Bridge with all the spirit buns around her, including my Charlie, looking after her and binkying like billyo, being really happy and free from pain. Big hugs to you.

By the way, her face looks very much like Mr. Benn: I will post a recent pic of him which I sent to Jay and John yesterday - he is a fabulous bunny but you'll just have to remember that he doesn't have any ears! :wink: But the faces are very similar.

Ohh, so sorry for your loss. A lot of folks who have sadly lost buns have said that others dont understand, well you are guaranteed love and support here. Take lots of care, your beautiful Poppy will be happy at the bridge.(((hugs)))

i am so sorry to hear about poppy , I understand the pain you are going through .,we will all be here for you if you ever need us . xx
what a beautiful girl .

Awwww Conny - Poppy was such a pretty girl and we all understand how you feel. It's so hard sometimes to come to terms with the loss of such a special pal and you feel o.k one minute and in floods of tears the next.

But just come on and have a natter with us lot on here if it helps - we never get fed up of talking about our Rainbow Bridge Pals and I always think its nice to talk about them and remember how treasured they are in our memories.

Sending Hugs.

Such a beautiful bunny. I am so sorry that you lost Poppy. (((((((((( HUGE HUGS )))))))))) to you and binky free little Poppy XxXx

Poppy is indeed a very beautiful baby and that is what you will have in your heart now. It is hard to come to terms with the fact that the physical baby isn't there any longer and I know that is so painful. We all know how you feel and hurt for you and it is true what Lany says...just come on and tell us how you are feeling

Remember Conny

A trouble shared is a trouble halved

Binky_Free_x_27630.gif

Thank you all for your kind messages, it's comforting to know that there are other people who understand. Hopefully she is binking free with the other buns who have recently passed over, I even have a photo of her at binky take-off.

popmurbink.jpg

I didn't get round to posting other photos of her as I was new to digital cameras. So here are a few more

popwashing.jpg

Poppy with her beloved Murray, it seemed they were made for each other and, as Sophie in particular knows, they would have deserved to be together for years and years.

murpopeat.jpg

My favourite photo (it's my wallpaper photo at the moment) it show their personalities, brave Poppy stealing chopped veg from the tub - waiting 5 minutes to be served was too long for her - and Murray with his big wide eyes saying "this is wrong, we could get into trouble here" ....... he really is a big worrier!!!

pmstealing.jpg

They are lovely photos...I love the one with their wee feet ...looks like they are leaning on something peeping out

What gorgeous photos! Beautiful bunnies too. At least they had some time together, a lot of bunnie don't even get that. And one day, you'll all meet up at the bridge, but in the meantime, what fantastic memories.

lovely photos - love the description of the last one too - says so much about their characters :)

Going through all the photos you have of your bun can be hard at a time like this, but we found it helped to bring back some of the happy memories.

We're going to try and put a gallery together for Jaro, but we get so far through the photos and it becomes too hard.

Martin + Pam

Back