• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're famous......nearly

This is what I emailed, kind of made it up as I went along, but I hope it gets the point over.

Dear Sir,
I am a rabbit owner and am very pleased that you have included issues of rabbit neglect in your campaign. Rabbits are seen as childrens pets, and can very quickly become abandoned at the bottom of the garden, especially in winter when the weather is poor. In actual fact rabbits need a great deal of daily care and attention, they must be regulary vaccinated and it is advisable to have them neutered in many cases, and essential if they are to be kept in mixed sex pairs.

There is an excellent website which publishes good advice regarding rabbit welfare, and also helps owners who can no longer keep their pets find new, safe homes for them. It is http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk.
They also have an online forum where rabbit owners can discuss care of their rabbits and many other things too. The site has helped to rehome hundreds of rabbits, guinea pigs and even hamsters, they also raise money to help support rescues, as many rabbit rescues are desperately underfunded. Through this website I have myself taken in a mum and her 2 babies and also a hamster.

Please continue to highlight the needs of small animals as well as cats and dogs.

Yours sincerly
S Hunt
Burton-on-Trent

Fantastic! It's really good news that rabbit care is being highlighted. Excellent letter as well. I was really pleased to see on the pdsa advert, that bunnies and oiggies are on it as well as cats and dogs.

What a result, my letter was the leading one on the letters page in todays paper, and so the website and forum gets a free mention, and buns get top billing

:D :D :D :D :D

mail.jpg

tupperwarequeen said:
This is what I emailed, kind of made it up as I went along, but I hope it gets the point over.

Dear Sir,
I am a rabbit owner and am very pleased that you have included issues of rabbit neglect in your campaign. Rabbits are seen as childrens pets, and can very quickly become abandoned at the bottom of the garden, especially in winter when the weather is poor. In actual fact rabbits need a great deal of daily care and attention, they must be regulary vaccinated and it is advisable to have them neutered in many cases, and essential if they are to be kept in mixed sex pairs.

There is an excellent website which publishes good advice regarding rabbit welfare, and also helps owners who can no longer keep their pets find new, safe homes for them. It is http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk.
They also have an online forum where rabbit owners can discuss care of their rabbits and many other things too. The site has helped to rehome hundreds of rabbits, guinea pigs and even hamsters, they also raise money to help support rescues, as many rabbit rescues are desperately underfunded. Through this website I have myself taken in a mum and her 2 babies and also a hamster.

Please continue to highlight the needs of small animals as well as cats and dogs.

Yours sincerly
S Hunt
Burton-on-Trent

they printed the letter as I wrote it, my scanner wont fit it all in, but I can do the other half if you like

Brilliant! You made good points about them not being cheap and easy and hopefully a few people might visit the forum and learn some more about how to care for them properly :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Brilliant! You made good points about them not being cheap and easy and hopefully a few people might visit the forum and learn some more about how to care for them properly :)

Tam

I do hope so Tam, I was really surprised to see it in the paper like that, I dont always get it every day, so blinkin' lucky really to spot it!!!

Back