• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aggressive bunny needing home

ah144

Warren Scout
i found a bunny that according to the vet had been wild for a long time,i can not even put a food bowl in this buns hutch without him swinging from your arm.i can not let him out or do anything with him i have tried several local charities who can not offer a home and some have recommended this bun be pts as with the vet who has just neutered him.please can anyone help i don't know who or where else to contact and pts is as presnt the only option open to me.please help.

hi

does he look like a wild rabbit or not? I would be inclined to just give him a lot of space and chuck some food in for a few months rather than handle him - he'll realise eventually that humans aren't dangerous and may calm down with the neuter too - please give him a chance!

My rabbit Vinnie(named after vinnie jones as he was SO aggressive!) was a complete nightmare when i got him.

He was bought into the surgery i worked at by a rabbit breeder who wanted him pts as the kids who fed her rabbits(!) were being attacked by him on a daily basis & she couldnt handle/pick him up. My vet said no way but that she would ask me to go round . When i got there he was in a shed in a tiny hutch behind another rabbits run & under another rabbits hutch!!!!

I immediately said id take him & he was neutered the next day. Anyway, it took months for him to trust me(i have 2 scars on my leg from where he literally would fly at me & hang on by his teeth!!) & had he been taken to another vet I wouldnt have the most gorgeous sweet bunny 8 years on!!! I can do anything to him & all it took was slots of space(nice spacious run & hutch), time & empathy...

im sure u can do the same with this little guy!

Is he a outdoor bun? and has he got a run he can play in, only I was thinking maybe you could give him in food whilst he's playing in his run.

Have tried offering him a treat with your fingers from outside, or let him smell you hand from the outside.

It sounds like he is seeing you as a threat at the moment to his territory.

I agree with Elve, I wouldn't give up on him every one is here to help.

Let us know how you get on.

Please note all members are required to await permission before advertising bunnies who need rehoming.
Please do not use other sections of the Forum for this purpose, as we have strict rules in place that everyone has to follow. :)

Thank you
ADMIN
Adele and Tamsin.

SORRY could'nt find rules etc i do apologise.please can you let me know the procedure i have to go through or where to locate it manty thanxs.

He is a lop harlequin.I have just started back at uni and have to travel to london from margate every day and have 9 rescue buns at the moment and have run out of garden.any offer of help in finding this bun accomadation would be appreciated as i say i have tried local charitys in this area who after meeting him advised me to have him pts.

I have had an aggressive bun for the last 2.5 years (she was beaten) I use to wear 2 pairs of gloves to feed her and she eventually let me feed her without biting, it didn't happen overnight but when it did the feeling it gave me was second to none in fact it was only about a month ago that I posted on here that she let us pick her up and cuddle her (the feeling of trust that she gave me was unbelievable) don't get me wrong we still have off days with her but you end up learning to live with it and it is so rewarding when they let you do something that your other buns let you do for them. You know then that it is all worth while.

Was told by an rspca officer that due to the extrematys of aggression they would not take it.hunnybunny might take this bun if a run can be arranged :D i am awaiting her reply.

Is their anyone else that could take max?????the rspca are quite full at medway.MY partner has given me till the end of the weekend.

bun

nothing will happen to him cos I'm taking him :D but do need help with transport..see thread on in need section..this is urgent

Good one Jill:)

I haven't regretted taking on Zebedee for Alice despite the scars I now have on my hands and arm :roll: , and the one my son has on his arm :oops: Zebs is so much happier and seems to be the fella to keep Isadora in line. They are very much in love. He needed lots of space to run off all that energy. I only handle him when it is necessary, but give him treats often. He comes running up to me now, although I confess I get a bit anxious if I have exposed skin :oops:

I hope you can help this lad overcome his past and find love.

Aaah Jill, that is brilliant you are taking on this bun. I will never forget the day Louise took Zebedee on, his previous owner set her dog on him so it is not surprising he is so full of angst. Here I only had a small run for him but I know Louise can give him so much more, and she still loves him although he is so aggressive!

Alice

I am sure he will be well taken care of. I know what a worry these special needs buns are when you feel you are not able to give them what they require. Hey Max, be happy little man, that is all that we want for you!!!

Alice

bun

Andrea put out an appeal for transport but it was very urgent and emma kindly offered to take him and she is much nearer to Andrea...so I'm returning the welding gloves and wishing Max all the best ( and Emma of course!)

Back