• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our beloved Jaro has left us...

Martin E

Warren Scout
jaro_onbed.jpg

Jaro passed away on Friday morning last week after 6 years of sharing his life and love with us.

He was a constant companion and a best friend for both of us - and it has been incredibly difficult to come to terms with his loss.

It has been even harder because of the timing. We had been away for 2 weeks holiday, and he was boarded with our vets - he needed daily attention to be expressed and have medication for his bladder problems, so he had to stay with them.

We got back from holiday late on Thursday night, and were just going to phone the vets to arrange to pick him up on Friday morning after their surgery hours, when they phoned us. Jaro had had breathing diffuculties that morning, they did all they could, but he passed away.

We were so close to seeing him again, a matter of about 30 minutes - and it hurt so much that we didn't get to see him before he left. we never got the chance to say goodbye, or to hold him. We picked him up and brought him home.

It has left us feeling particularly guilty too, that he may have felt abandoned by us.

Jaro had had bladder problems amongst other things, and we had been manually expressing him every day - which he always hated, but afterwards he would sit on Pams lap for ages for nose scratches and strokes - it brought him even closer to us.

Despite his health problems, he always seemed so happy. He always seemed to have a smile. The photo above was taken when he was about 6 moths old, but that smile was always there.

He was bouncing around on the sofa and playing chase the last time we saw him. The vets said he was fine the day before he went, still bright.

It has been so difficult, everywhere we look at home, there are memories of him. He was free to roam upstairs, on our bed, under it, on the sofa etc. and he was such a part of our life.

He was so special to us, the inital shock has worn off but it has left such an emptiness.

Thank you so much Jaro ........
http://www.midnight-raven.co.uk/jaro/jaro.html

You are so missed, run free little one

Martin + Pam

I meant to add that I would so like to reply to all the others who have posted here with similar stories to our own - but it is just too painful at the moment.

So our thoughts are with you all who are in the same place as us at the moment.

Martin + Pam

oh no! poor Jaro and poor you my thoughts are with you we all loved to see piccies of this little guy ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) :cry:

Awwww Martin and Pam - how sad for you both and we all know how devastating the loss of a bunny is, so your in good company on this Forum were all here to help if we can.

I think the Guilt thing you feel at the moment is so normal and all part of the grieving process and you'll feel your emotions are all over the place for a wee while but I'm sure little Jaro knew his mum and dad loved him so much and it sounds as though he had a lovely little life frolicking around the house with you.

I hope in time you'll feel more at ease with his loss and you'll be able to remember all his little antics and when you look at the places he used to play you'll be able to smile and have a little chuckle about him.

Thinking of you both.

Binky Free little Jaro - grazing with our spirit bunnies.

Martin and Pam, I'm so sorry :cry: , I loved seeing all Jaro's pics he was a very handsome wee man and a proper little poser. You cared for him far more than anyone else would probably be capable of, you ought to be very proud of yourselves. Hugs to you both.

~ Binky free little Jaro, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

aawwww :cry: I am deeply sorry to hear your news about Jaro, what a stunning bunny he was :(
Sending you lots of hugs and love
Adele and the Sanctuary bunnies
XX

Thank you all for your support - it really helps, as everyone else we speak to doesn't understand, after all he was 'just a bunny' not a dog or cat.

Got to try and get my head back at work here - its difficult.

thanks

Martin & Pam

So sorry to hear of little Jaro's passing. :( What a stunning little man he was. Try not to feel guilty because you did more than most could have for Jaro - my thoughts are with youxx

:cry: :cry: :cry: We are so very sorry - we loved seeing and hearing about Jaro - what a wonderful and gorgeous bun he is and always will be.
You cared for him so well - he loved you so very much to let you do the things that you had to do to help him.
He will always be with you - he will be a constant presence in your heart.
Run free in the eternal sunshine lovely Jaro - have fun with all your new friends and eat the lovely long lush grass - xxxxxxx

I'm sorry to hear this very sad news. He was such a handsome bunny and obviously very loved.
Binky free Jaro

He sure was a handsome boy.

I am so sorry for your loss and the timing of it.

People can be so cruel. Those who have never had the honour of owning or being owned by an animal just do not understand what their loss measn to us.
To us they are our family, our babies and part of our life.

He sounds a rel character and must be having wonderful fun at the bridge, telling everyone all about you and how much he was loved and how much he loved you too.

martin , pam .

i,m so sorry to hear about jaro . please don,t beat yourself up with guilt , obviously we cannot predict most of the time when these little treasures will leave us so you did not abandon him . bad timing was all it was and jaro will have had a lifetime of love with you and i,m sure he was in caring hands at the end as well .

run free little jaro . xx

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news, Jaro was a gorgeous bunny and I'm sure he knew that he was truly loved by you both. Please don't feel bad what better place to leave your bunny than with a vet you trusted. Big hugs to you both.

Jaro binky free in the eternal sunshine

so sorry, it sounds like jaro was well loved and cared for. it's hard when you're not with them but he knows that you loved him

Sending you all our love and big hugs. We have lost 2 of our precious bunnies recently and still we find some days harder than others.
Sleep easy Jaro, enjoy the freedom at the bridge, no illness, no pain only love and eternal sunshine.

Martin and Pam you did everything for Jaro and he will know how much he was loved and needed, he will always be with you, take care of each other xxx

So sorry Martin & Pam that you have lost your beloved Jaro. I realise how you must feel as you weren't there but he was with loving people and he had a lifetime of happy memories with you both. He was one gorgeous baby and you have him in your hearts ..that is the most important thing. Just think on the fun he is having right now and take comfort in that

hugs4.jpg

Back