• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mishka has gone

Jeremy

Wise Old Thumper
Mishka was put to sleep tonight.....

After her seizure on Friday night, her legs got really bad and she could not lift her back end at all. She was filthy already but obviously got far worse with no use of her legs at all. She became matted with filth and urine.

Last night we could delay cleaning her no longer.
She fitted within seconds of us starting. We stopped immediately. :cry:

Her legs were even worse then, and we think she may have lost the use of one eye (the pupil looked too dilated to me). She spent the night in the run and did not even go inside.

We both knew it was time.

I found her huddled in the straw when I got home and she could barely manage to move herself at all. She had some last treats and then went peacefully at the vets.

We are both devastated, but in a strange way we are glad that we knew for definate that it was her time.

Some people may think we gave up too easily. I can only say that as her owners, carers and companions, we both knew for absolute definate that we should not make her suffer any longer.

Rest in peace little Mishka. We will miss you..... :cry:

Mishkasun2.jpg

so sorry the hear about mishka . Its true though , you just know when that time has come as you know your pet too well and they kind of tell you its time . Cheekybun let me know and although i still miss him dreadfully , I know it was time to let him go as i would only have been keeping him going for me and that would be selfish .
It is a relief in a way as you have been able to free her from her suffering and although tainted with sadness and tears its the most loving thing that we can do for any pet we love and cherish so much .
all my best wishes and hugs . gina .xx

Binky free beautiful little girl . Go and join all our bunnies at the bridge and have fun . we,ll see you all again one day . xxx

Oh God Jeremy and Caroline - what a shock :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am so very, very sorry - we here at Ebony-Eyes are so upset for you all :cry: :cry: :cry:
You did all the right things and you did the kindest and most loving thing you can ever do and that was to let her go :( :( It hurts but she will be fit and healthy again now and running with all the other loved furries at the Bridge.
She told you she was ready to go and you understood - that is true love and true understanding.
Run free in the eternal sunshine darling girl - eat all the lush grass, play till your hearts content. In the blink of an eye you will be reunited with all your loved ones - xxxxxxxxx

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news Jeremy and Caroline. You did everything you could for her, so please don't feel bad about letting her go. I'm sure she's having a fantastic time with all the other bunnies at the bridge.

Big hugs XXX

Oh my dear pals - sending you both hugs - you were destined for little Mishka and when Adele suggested you taking her and Sparkle as a pal for the lovely Flump I could only then be guided by her judgement as I didn't know you both as I do now, but I do know that yours was a very special bunny home for them both and that Mishka and Sparkle were destined for you and I know you will have done what you feel in your hearts is right for Mishka.

I,ve always loved this photo of her and it will always remind me of what a lovely bunny she was.

Sending you love and hugs to you and Caroline and snuggles for Sparkle and Flump who must be feeling the loss of the lovely Mishka too.

Binky High and Free little Mishka - short but sweet it was a pleasure to know you little one :cry:

sending love and huggs to both you jeremy and caroline, its terribly difficult to let them go but you knew it was what she wanted,

love to sparkle and flump and may mishka binky free

Eve x

Oh what a terrible decision to have to make, but you made the right one. No one knows our bunnies as well as we do, and I'm sure she's binkying around saying thanks for the fantastic life I led, and for letting me go.
Binky free Mishka.

Oh Jeremy and Caroline, I am utterly distraught for you, I am so filled with grief, I can't tell you how very sorry I am. :cry: She was such a darling and looks beautiful and regal in that photograph, I am so proud that I met the little girl, albeit briefly and in the twilight. You did all you could for her and gave her the most precious gift you could in the end, you let her go with dignity. Charlie will be very honoured to share his anniversary with such a gorgeous girl and I am sure that he is putting a caring paw around her at the Bridge.

Big hugs to you and to Flump and Sparkle too. xxxx

Oh Jeremy and Caroline, my heart goes out to you. You did all you could for your little girl, but as you say the time has come - as we all know its the hardest decision in the world to make but you made it cos you love her so much. Much love to you both, and of course to Flump and Sparkle. xx

Mishka, have fun hopping and binkying at the bridge with your new friends there, the spirit buns will look after you.

Oh Caroline and Jeremy i am so sorry to that Mishka has gone to the bridge all our thoughts are with you XXXXX

oh my god!! i am so so sorry to hear this!!! i am very sure nobody here thinks you gave up to easy, no one else knew the pain she was going through other than you guys, she is no longer in pain now, bless her

Binky free Mishka

I'm so very sorry Jeremy and Caroline *hugs* Mishka was indeed a beautiful bun and her spirit light will shine brightly with all the love and care she got from you both.

~ Binky free beautiful girly, take all our love to the spirit buns ~

OMG I keep foirgetting to check this bit of the forum and I was so shocked to read your post. I know Mishka has been bad for some time, but you still don't think it will happen.

Very Sorry, Binky free :(

Awww Jeremy and Caroline, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I have only just caught up with this thread. :cry: :cry: :cry:

The pic you have posted of her is truely gorgeous. Im sure you did all you could for her and that you made the right decision.

~ Binky free little Mishka~

We are sending you big nose rubs and lots of love.

All our love, Laura, Sophie, Mable and Winne xxxxxxx

Dear Caroline and Jeremy,
I am so sorry I have only just seen your post, and have sent you an email.

Words cannot begin to express how saddened we are to hear about your Mishka bunny, we know how big a place she held in your hearts.
Mishka had a bad start in life, but her fortunes changed the moment she found her way to your home. :)
Sending all our love and hugs
Hope Flump and Sparkle are okay??
XXX

We're really sorry to read this, it must be an increbibly difficult decision to make, but one that you know when its time. :(

She was obvioulsly deeply loved, and at least any suffering is over.

Jaro is probably introducing himself to her as I write this - tell her to be careful, he's a bit of a charmer :)

our thoughts are with you

Martin + Pam

Back