• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whoops I lost my living room!

elve

Banned
The piggies weren't getting enough exercise as the patio's got bunnies on all morning and my grass is long and wet most of the time :oops:

So I've been busy busting a gut all weekend - moved furniture upstairs and this is my new 'animal room' - I'm so pleased I found a use for all those empty Megazorb sacks at last too - they are carpet protectors now, under the old duvet cover for the run :D

animals.jpg

And Hey - all is not lost!!! I found my fridge - only noticed the look on my fridge's 'face' when I saw the photo :lol:

hey.jpg

Basil is the first piggie to try the new, shaded indoor run - this is a pic of him when I first got him in his tiny box :(

theprisoner.jpg

And here he is trying to pluck up the courage to use his new run - I'm going to give them all half an hour today seperately - I bet they're all skipping around after a week of hiding in the shelters :wink:

space.jpg

oh wow!!! i think its great not only did you save all those lives but you have given them yours!!! wow!!! :D

Hiya Elve, well it looks like your bust gutting efforts were all worth while :D that set up for your piggies is just great, and I am sure they will make the most of it. :D
How many piggies do you have altogether :?: Do they all squeak at the same time, I love their calls :!: :D
Best wishes

hi

there were 15 piggies - 3 males, 7 females and 5 babies - Rachel (happybunny) rehomed Charlotte when her 2 boys were 4wks old - but 3 of the remaining females are pregnant unfortunately (well one had only been with the boy for a few days before I whipped her out - so fingers crossed she wasn't caught) - Florence is HEAVILY pregnant - I do hope it goes OK for her as she's such a sweetie - I haven't really handled her at all except for cage cleaning - she's so huge I'm scared I'll hurt her or the babies :?

They're really quiet all day unless I rustle a packet or bag...but when tea time comes around!!! :shock:
And Milo when he left his mum last week - what a racket ALL day poor baby - calling and calling - he sounded like a little canary...His mum was only a couple of feet away but she totally ignored him - in fact she binkied around the cage, had a large drink then put her feet up for the afternoon :lol:

So this is normal then Marie?? Good to know 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now Elve - you know deep at heart your just the Lodger and the piggie slave - this just about proves it :lol: - Brill job your doing there gal with your furry crew :wink:

hi

thanks - it is kind of humbling :lol:

I had the baby girls in the run with their mum this afternoon and Harriet was so cute - she just ran and jumped around the run for ages, making this little chirruping noise - I've managed not to get attached to her so far but I had the soppy grin on - now I don't stand a chance! They've got a 3'cage and they have mad half hours every day where mum and girls whizz round their little hide thing at top speed chirruping - I had a feeling they'd appreciate a 6' run :D

It's a nightmare trying to catch them at hometime though :shock:

What a grand job! I wish I could re-furnish my front room like that but I think hubby might have something to say about it!

Maybe if I just sneak a few in and tell him they came from Ikea.............? :wink:

I love the noises they make :love:

elve that is great.
my gardens been taken over by bunnies but so far the only animal to sneak inside permenantly is nemo. would love to give up a room indoors but i childmind too and im not sure id get through my next inspection if i did.
Angie

hi

thanks everyone :D

Strangely enough Angie, although I'd prefer to have the animals outside - and I think they'd prefer it too - I have no animals in my garden at all becuase my next door neighbour is a childminder and I don't trust the local kids/monsters! - Her charges have already destroyed my fence kicking a football at it - which regularly ends up in my garden - I think bunnies would have a heart attack if they weren't safely in their shed :shock: and yes her insurers have been 'looking into replacing the fence' for about 6 months now - might as well do it myself :roll:

Brilliant, another nutter firmly joins the ranks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I showed this post to my son to show I'm not the only one 8) 8)

hi

you're not the only one with a disapproving son either - well he's more like resigned to his fate :lol:

Elve.. where are you? i cant remember.
You are doing a fab job.. just hope you dont have any more litters and you can find homes for some of them soon

hi

thanks :D I'm near Sheffield - Had to have a reshuffle yesterday and split Emily from her 2 daughters as Florence and 4 new babies were busting out of a 2' cage -
Emily was always chattering at the girls anyway - they've all been bred from being babies and have never had the chance to just relax and be piggies in clover - Her hair had fallen out on her back, due to pregnancy I think as it's looking better now -
So Emily is enjoying a rest and Florence and her babies LOVE the big cage - Florence had only ever been stuck in an 18" square box with Derek her mate before - She's a lovely piggie :)

When I put the family in yesterday the babies all explored nose to tail round the cage, making a little cluck cluck sound, and are now popcorning (binkying) all over - sooooo cute!! I think she has 2 boys and 2 girls - hope so anyway as the boys can go in a pair but I'll have to recheck as I'm a total novice :D

Pretty sure Beatrice and Delores are pregnant too though :roll:

Re: hi

elve said:
thanks everyone :D

Strangely enough Angie, although I'd prefer to have the animals outside - and I think they'd prefer it too - I have no animals in my garden at all becuase my next door neighbour is a childminder and I don't trust the local kids/monsters! - Her charges have already destroyed my fence kicking a football at it - which regularly ends up in my garden - I think bunnies would have a heart attack if they weren't safely in their shed :shock: and yes her insurers have been 'looking into replacing the fence' for about 6 months now - might as well do it myself :roll:

What a shame you have such an irresponsible childminder living next door! We're not all like that!!! :D :?
I am sure when her inspection is due she will be a lot quicker in getting the fence put up, might be worth trying to find out when that is.
I have had all sorts of problems with fences :roll: and you can't use your garden if it's not secure.
My buns and piggie don't come out when I'm working, and when I do allow stroking it is done with me holding the bunny/piggie with explanations at the childs understanding that they must be treated with respect.
Maybe you could invite your neighbour round to do something similar with her minded children, it is a learning experiance for them which she should be interested in?! Maybe then you could explain why it is so important for them to feel secure outside, and take it from there...

hi

Oooh - her annual inspection - I hadn't thought of that! :D I might get a little rabbit to take a message up to the council watchdog :wink:

She's a really awful person - fell out with her years ago after she abandoned her cats outside for a week to go to Tenerife - When the council came round to ask if I had any objections to her business plans I said no - but I wouldn't even leave a hamster with her, never mind my child...Sadly many women are forced to leave their kids with anyone who'll have them, as the government hasn't capped mortgages and there's little choice for parents with bills to pay :(

It's good to know there are some nice childminders out there - bet you've got a waiting list :D

Back