• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARC have an amputee bunny needs a loving home

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Brendan has come into ARCs care after a being rescued from a family who had no intention of taking him to the vets even though he was desperate for medical attention. Brendan is a 1 year old, very pretty black and white butterfly lop who has recently had to have his leg amputated after having broke his tibia and fibula. Brendan has now been neutered and is now recovering after the big operation that he has had. Brendan is living inside at the moment and will make a brilliant house bunny for anyone who is looking to give a good home to a bunny that has been through a lot. Brendan will be better suited to either and adult home or a home where there is only older children and he would love to be bonded with a girlie bun.

brendanlg.jpg

If you are able to offer Brendan that special home he deserves, please pm Sophie-marmion, Donna-arc or myself and we will get back to you.

Janice

Is that the right picture? He doesn't look very black & white ;)

The bun in the picture is gorgeous though. That nose is just saying... rub me :D

Tam

Oops it was not the right picture, I was sent the wrong picture and put it on without thinking that the picture lacked the white patches, the correct picture is on now. Sorry folks.

Janice

He has adapted very well to living indoors which is why Sophie has suggested that he could become a house rabbit.

Janice

jrn1310 said:
Oops it was not the right picture, I was sent the wrong picture and put it on without thinking that the picture lacked the white patches, the correct picture is on now. Sorry folks.

Janice

confused now the picture has not changed! :?

:shock: :shock: he is lovely..... :love:

Will he need any special medical attention because of his amputated leg?

Brendan should adapt and manage to get about well, like all 3 legged animals he should learn to cope better with time. His main need will be to have a safe envioroment where there are few changes in levels until he has learnt to cope with these.

As far as long term medical care he should not have further problems once the wound has healed up.

Janice

loopylop said:

He'd make a lovely hubby for Sophie........... :D

HS said:
loopylop said:

He'd make a lovely hubby for Sophie........... :D

lol, I'd love him... but o/h would need some SERIOUS persueding... he has already said no to more bunnies :(

Oh that's a shame! Keep working at it :D That is one gorgeous bunny though. I love all bunnies but Brendan looks very special.

I am not sure who the other bun was, I think it was someones own bun who was brought in for Sophie to pair up with either Alfie or Spencer. I edited the picture to remove a dutch who was sitting next to this one. This was the other bun:

notbrendan.jpg

When Sophie comes on next she may enlighten us.

Janice

Back