• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bindi to be sapyed on the 20th

JIMGRACIE

Mama Doe
Mum made an appointment for Bindi to be spayed (with my say so), for the 20th. I had to make sure i had a day off work so i could drop her off at the vets. She has a check up, and to make surethey have all the correct contact details, at 8.20am on the 20th and then her op should be later on that day. Probably performed by Jo, who gave Bindi her vaccines.

Mum managed to speak to a decent receptionist. There is one that forgets your name before you have even sat down, and she isn't very helpful. Now the receptionist mum spoke to, gave her all the details of cost and care. It will cost £69, including VAT. And if the vets decide to keep her in over night then they won't charge anymore. (And good Luck to them if they do keep her in, she'll wake them all up Bindi-ing around her pen!!) The receptionist also said if they see anything else worth worrying about while shes under they will sort that too!!

And mum said about Bindis obssession for food, and was it ok to give her a little lunch box, and the receptionist said it was a great idea, and most bunny owners don't think of bringing in something tasty to get them on their feet again. I will also give them her squeeky teddy. As i know she'll want to throw him around in anger of me putting her through the op!!

Gracie and animals x

Oh, it does make you very nervous doesn't it? She'll get though it just fine, she is a very strong little girl!

I also packed my buns a little lunchbox and some of their favorite toys, and I also told them to put their carrier in the kennel cage so they can have some comfort while away from home.

Hope all goes well!!

I wondered how other bunny owners kept the veg in the Bunny lunchbosx fresh?

See Bindi has to be at the vets at 8.20am but might not get her spay until later on in the day. How can i keep the veg fresh for her? I want to include her favourites (parsley, and cabbage) but they will go all limp and yucky!!!

Gracie and animals x

Amber is having her spay op on the 23rd. I'm going to put some carrot, greens and mint in a tupperware box for her. I think it will still be fresh after a few hours as I sometimes take a salad to work for lunch in one and its fine. They may put it in the fridge to keep it fresh too.

Never thought of that, Estelle. I'll put a little ice pack in a bag with the tupperware pot i have for Bindi, just incase. Thats what i do with my salads for work.

Gracie and animals x

Back