• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Worcestershire Small animals unit is full - can you he

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf of RSPCA Worcester :)

RSPCA Worcestershire Small animals unit is full - can you help?

We are desperately trying to rehome 50+ rabbits in Worcestershire, along with one guinea pig, two Cho pigs and three Chinchillas. We are now full and are having to turn away unwanted rabbits from members of the general public. If you can take in foster rabbits (RSPCA provides hutch run and food) or can rehome one of our great bunny singletons or pairs please contact Emma on 01905 455117. This is a matter of urgency as the "busy season" has not even started and we have no capacity to rescue unless we have spare space.

PLEASE HELP!

RODENT fosterer also required, must be experienced with looking after rats and gerbils.

---------------------------
You can see some of their bunnies here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=424

If there are any rescues in another area that could take a few bunnies perhaps we could organise a run. This rescue has helped out before so it would be nice to return the favour - Tamsin

I am not too close but would be definatley prepared to foster, however not until October as I am going on holiday, and it wouldn't be fair to take in any extra buns when I'm not here. At the moment I have 2 sheds as my old one hasnt yet been taken away, so I could delay that till some time in the future and keep it for some buns, I can fit 2 4/5 foot hutches in there.

again probably no help but i could foster but am in essex and would need the hutches, but could help with transport!

by the way what are cho cho pigs?

Eve x

Just knew I should have looked :roll: :roll: :roll: Im totally in love with Leo and Toffee arent they just gorgeous ... mind so is Pebbles, Daisy, Harry, awwwwww they all are :love: This is the RSPCA I got the gorgeous Bramble and Blossom from.

5cutebunnies said:
Just knew I should have looked :roll: :roll: :roll: Im totally in love with Leo and Toffee arent they just gorgeous ... mind so is Pebbles, Daisy, Harry, awwwwww they all are :love: This is the RSPCA I got the gorgeous Bramble and Blossom from.

Gotta a feeling Toffee has been rehomed????? - maybe Tams might know but I saw Emma yesterday and I'm sure she mentioned it :?:

aww such ashame I am not too afr away but can not have any bunnies I will put the word around if I hear of anyne living near me wanting a bunny aww Pebbles is scrummy! :love:

I really really want to offer pebbles a home. I think she would be perfect for both Monty and myself.

I feel very guilty that Monty lives on his own, it wasn’t until I found this site that I realised he should have a friend. I have managed to convince o/h to let me get another rabbit, first he said only in the garden, now he has given in and said they can live in the house, but he has said Worchester is too far to travel. It only 3.5 hours, but a round trip is pushing on 7. He has also said it would be unfair for the poor bunny to travel that far. I think I can offer a loving home for her, but is he right, is that too long in a car for a rabbit?

((I would just like to say that I have become addicted to this site and have found it a real inspiration, I think you are all amazing for all your work with rabbits and how you help each other out. In fact, so much that I am seriously considering turning my currently overgrown garden into somewhere where I can help unwanted rabbits, although o/h is going to take a lot of persuading)).

The distance is no problem with proper care and preparation bunnies travel fine - on the Forum here lots of us have been involved in various bunny runs - I did one from Bristol to Birmingham and bunnies have even been rehomed from as far a field as Scotland to the Midlands.

If you really have your heart set on Pebbles why don't you have a chat with Emma - the only thing is I know they will possibly need to Home Check unless you have someone who could vouch for you like another branch of the RSPCA local to you who could perhaps do the home check on Emma's behalf or your Vets.

I'd be happy to help bring her say half way to you if you can get the all clear to rehome.

It lovely too that your considering takeing on Rescue Bunns but be careful, its not all as rewarding as you might think - it can be long hours of hard work in all weathers, dealing with the not so nice folks who will want to dump bunnies on you for all kinds of reasons. Also I think its really important that your O/H is happy about it too as this can cause all kinds of friction when hutches start turning up and the house and back garden starts to become knee deep in bunnies and Hay :wink:

I'm trying to talk my Mum into having a couple of foster hutches at her house for me to look after. I don't have any more room here. She has a huge garden, and is very near to me.

doorkeeper said:
I'm trying to talk my Mum into having a couple of foster hutches at her house for me to look after. I don't have any more room here. She has a huge garden, and is very near to me.

Hiya Louise - hope your doing o.k and furry crew are all behaving themselves - yeah funny I was talking to Jo about you on Saturday - she is one of the Bromsgrove Foster mums and I mentioned that I knew you had your hands full with your furry crew but if you fancy doing it drop me a pm and I can always put you in touch with Jo if you want an informal chat regarding the ins and outs of how the Worcester RSPCA Foster set up works.

Sending snuggles to all your furry lot X

dreamz1 said:
I really really want to offer pebbles a home. I think she would be perfect for both Monty and myself.

I feel very guilty that Monty lives on his own, it wasn’t until I found this site that I realised he should have a friend. I have managed to convince o/h to let me get another rabbit, first he said only in the garden, now he has given in and said they can live in the house, but he has said Worchester is too far to travel. It only 3.5 hours, but a round trip is pushing on 7. He has also said it would be unfair for the poor bunny to travel that far. I think I can offer a loving home for her, but is he right, is that too long in a car for a rabbit?

((I would just like to say that I have become addicted to this site and have found it a real inspiration, I think you are all amazing for all your work with rabbits and how you help each other out. In fact, so much that I am seriously considering turning my currently overgrown garden into somewhere where I can help unwanted rabbits, although o/h is going to take a lot of persuading)).

You could always stop halfway home and let bunny hop around the car a bit but 3.5 hours shoudl be fine for her to travel! Pebbles is adorable!

After a long hard think I have decided to have our fireplace knocked out before getting a friend for Monty, the sensible option, but I just keep looking at all these bunnies and can't wait. O/H has finally let me get some quotes, so I know he is happy to add to our family.

Bunnytales, thanks for the advice. This is not something I would be looking at for at least 12 months. I know that it will involve a lot of hard work (which is why I think you are all brilliant) but I hadn't actually thought about dealing with not so nice people. I get upset enough watching the news and reading the paper so I am not sure how I would cope meeting people face to face.

Adele

What is a Cho Pig? Just wondered!

I currently have 20+ guineas and five rabbits (all my own pets), as well as other small pets, so can't take in any more just now!

I hope these do find homes soon.

I would foster the gerbils if I lived closer ... I have kept them for many years and used to breed them. But in Lancashire I suspect I am much too far away!

Jane

bunnytales said:
doorkeeper said:

Hiya Louise - hope your doing o.k and furry crew are all behaving themselves - yeah funny I was talking to Jo about you on Saturday - she is one of the Bromsgrove Foster mums and I mentioned that I knew you had your hands full with your furry crew but if you fancy doing it drop me a pm and I can always put you in touch with Jo if you want an informal chat regarding the ins and outs of how the Worcester RSPCA Foster set up works.

Sending snuggles to all your furry lot X

Hi Lany,

I was going to do it before and discussed it all with Andrea who was in charge of it before. I was the one who got her to list on Rabbit Rehome. 8) But their hutches are a bit of a problem in my garden as I use all of it for rabbit runs already, and she didn't want contact between mine and theirs. And then Merlin got snuffles and I got really worried about passing infections from one bun to another. :? So I didn't have any fosters in the end, just adopted a few more rescues to keep permanently (The Plymouth ones initially :D ). So I know how it works etc, I just need Mum to provide the space. She is thinking about it :D

If you can get some down to me then I am more than happy to help or take some and rehome them from here.
Kay

Back