• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor Pash

elaine

Mama Doe
Posh is a cross breed rabbit and needs a very special home, she came to me with her 3 babies and unfortunately they died at 8 wks old and then she became very ill but has since recovered, She went to be spayed on Wed and we have now found out she has cancer, the vet has removed as much as he can but thinks she will probably only have 12-18 months left so I think it would be a real kindness if she could spend her days out in a really special home rather than in the centre

She is probably about 18 months old

posh

It is in her womb area as he couldn't do the spay as the uterus is quite badly dieased and he didnt' want to cause her more problems

Re: posh

elaine said:
It is in her womb area as he couldn't do the spay as the uterus is quite badly dieased and he didnt' want to cause her more problems
OMG - the poor wee girl :cry: :cry: :cry: This could have actually made the situation worse and the cancer could spread more rapidly :cry: :cry:
How is she in herself? Is she comfortable and could she make the journey to North Wales?
I want to comfort her and let her know that we love her and that she is special :( Poor Pash - mummy is here for you darling - xxxxx

posh

you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with her to be honest as she is bouncing round the cage as normal

Awwww Bless her - sounds like Aunty Jay and Uncle John might soon have their loving bunny arms around this special little girl.

guess what she has done now the little sod....pulled the stithes out...luckily it is fine and they don't need to be redone. i was talking to the rodent vet today when I took her and he thinks reading her notes they have got rid of 99% if not all of the cancer as it was in the early stages which could mean she lives for longer which would be a nice thought

What a little minx pulling her stitches - Buffs did this when she was spayed but like Posh luckily everything stayed in tact :shock: but great news too about the cancer :D

aww I so hope this little girl can live out her days with Jay and John she would be so happy and loved with them both :thumb: poor little Pash :cry: :cry:

I had a bun diagnosed with cancer of the uterus last November we only found it by accident. We were fortunate that they could remove the uterus, but they were doing Xrays every 4 months and unfortunately it had spread to the stomach and on its way up to her lungs. You would have thought there was nothing wrong with her as she still ran about and dug in the garden. We lost her in May this year she couldn't eat as the cancer was stopping her.
Glad it sounds promising for Posh though and hope she finds her forever loving home.

Just a bit. It seems a shame to rehome her if she is settled with Elaine, even though Elaine is full to the brink.
I really hope she can get her froever home.

Back