• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I did while the forum was down!

elve

Banned
Took photos of course! :D

Sabrina - mine all mine :love:
sabrinalove.jpg

Rudolf the red nosed piggie (5wks old - Charlotte's baby)
rudolftherednosedpiggie.jpg

Milo - just 3wks old and nearly as big as mum Sabrina :shock:
miloandmum.jpg

Milo - in the doghouse for humping mummy!! :shock:
aloneat3wks.jpg

Emily with her girls (4wks old) Imogen (black/tan) and Harriet (brown/white)
emilyimogenharriet4wks.jpg

Pregnant Florence - lovely piggie
pregnantflorence.jpg

The singles bar (and the girls are already up the duff :shock: )

Derek
derekprofile.jpg

Basil
basilsun.jpg

Delores
deloressun.jpg

Beatrice (my little sweetheart)
beattie.jpg

Am trying to bond the two 5wks boys, Irwin and Rudolf, with Derek - now known as Gay Uncle Derek :? :lol:
Poor boys...it's not easy to explain to your young son either :roll:
bonding.jpg

hi

Thanks - that's probably what they'll inscribe on my headstone after I've died of exhaustion taking care of them all :lol:

I am definitely in over my head here - spent £300 already and need more accomodation for larger groups and bonding now - not to mention neutering - Charlie is booked in for Friday...I've been awake since 5am working it out - It will have cost £1000 by the time I'm done - not including food and bedding for them :shock:

Here's hoping they bond like nice piggies (yes I know - not a cat in hell's chance :roll: )

I did put my feet up with choc digestives and a magazine on Wednesday though :D

I believe Cheryl (spg) has 300 animals at the mo..... :shock: :shock: :shock: I am a lightweight :lol:

hi

Delores is such a sweetie too - she let me style her hair while waiting for the camera - just sat there while I got her fringe off her face! I was originally going to try and rehome her once her babies are weaned (she's about a month gone I think) but now I dunno.... :love:
She is terrified of handling, but her reaction is to be quiet - whereas Abigail isn't timid at all, and she bites :shock:
I picked Abbey up yesterday and all you could hear was snapping teeth - eeek - she missed though :lol: If you put one finger under their chin when holding them it keeps their head (and teeth!!) up - but I'm a total coward with animals :?
Abbey IS looking for a home once I'm sure she's not pregnant - the breeder seemed to think she's infertile, and she's too old to safely have babies now, so needs a good home with someone brave :D
abigail.jpg

She may go as a matching pair of slippers with Charlie - same breeder - who's being neutered on Friday - He's also confident and might not mind nipping although he hasn't tried so far - He's enormous! I can hardly pick him up - real fluffball and very gorgeous. He loves his food and sleeps on top of his food dish - which is usually invisible under his massive furry bulk - the cage shakes when he binkies :lol: He was originally paired with Abigail by the breeder, so I'm hoping they will still be friends once he's lost his manhood?
charlie.jpg

What little sweethearts - even the bitey ones! I wish I could help you out but I cant - used to have piggies years ago - I do love them so :love:

hi

well it's not too bad at the moment - I can just about manage time and money wise - have turned the living room into an animal room and put the telly and settee upstairs :roll: but when Beatrice, Delores and Florence have had their babies I know I can't keep them all - no room! no time! no money! That will be a hard decision - especially as I don't intend homing babies - I'm hoping for one baby per mum but Florence is enormous already poor girl - she can hardly walk :?

Sarah 'I can't' is just not a good enough excuse :lol:

hi

well I have too - carpeted wall to wall with guinea pigs :lol:

As I only have a 2 up 2 down house I've divided my bedroom between two sets of windows with a 'wall' of wardrobes - bed etc on one side - and dismantled the futon from downstairs which is squashed on the other side with a telly - It looks erm...creative :? :lol:

Downstairs is just sacks of grass, hay, megazorb, cages....and a cooker, washer and fridge :D

I'm doing an interior design course and my next project is a time and motion study of my home - I doubt my tutor's come across this type of home before - he'll think I'm mad...erm...it could set a trend?? 8)

"Sarah 'I can't' is just not a good enough excuse "

Crikey - my hubby has only just got used to the buns! :lol: Do you keep the piggies indoors - just out of interest?

hi

Yes they're all in the 'ex-living room' - well the boys are in the kitchen because I've heard you can't bond boys if there are females around? - I knew nothing about piggies 3 weeks ago! In fact I didn't even like them 3 weeks ago - how your life can change on an impulse decision :shock:
I've heard also that they feel the cold, unlike rabbits, so mine will be staying indoors - it'd be way too quiet without them now!

I just think they're wonderful little animals - I'm so glad I followed my heart for once :love:

OMG! I bet it is soo loud at tea time aint it Elve with all the squeaking I lurve piggie squeaks! :lol: :lol:

Back