• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

the fur sure is flying

Milo

Young Bun
Wow, Milo sure is moulting like mad.....my poor carpet is just covered in a blanket of white fur! I have been doing my best to groom him everyday, he absolutely detests being handled so it makes it tricky. I just get my hand damp and go against the 'grain of the fur' and what not to remove the dead hairs, seems to be working a little too well o.o;.

I have been browsing through the other topics so it seems as though other people's buns are going through their moult as well. Do they have a specific time when they molt (you think I would know this already :oops: )?

Not to mention I have been struggling to get his nails clipped so they are getting long....if only he would just be patient and let me handle him a bit, I'll keep at it though.

Last thing, space wise he has an entire area rug (lives in my bedroom, I have the master though, so there is much space :roll: ) and has a smaller running space outside....his hutch is very large though. I hope that's enough space, he's always doing cute jumps of joy in the air when I let him out, so I'm assuming he's content.

Gah, sorry for such a long topic, I haven't been on in awhile.

My Belle is moulting right now too. Every so often I see a little tuft sticking out awkwardly from the rest of her coat and I pull it out.

Benji is moulting like billyo .. we've had to keep him totally out of the house as my husband suffers terribly when this happens ... streaming nose, blocked up ... red, swolen eyes ... (That's Mike, not the rabbit :wink: )

My Pebble is moulting like mad at the moment and has been for the past five weeks or so!
I stroke her and all the fur comes out in my hand.
I don't understand why she's moulting now though - I thought she would moult before the summer to get a cooler coat??? :?:

Because they're house bunnies, they hop about on carpet or on grass if they're in their run so their nails get long aswell. I'm too scared to clip them myself :roll: so take them to the vet.

Back