• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish little Oliver luck!

Veronica

Mama Doe
Oliver my little rescue cashmere cross (see website 'rescue bunny'), is booked in tomorrow to have an absess removed. He's going to be knocked out, so I've asked to have him neutered at the same time. It's going to be quite and ordeal for him, and I have to admit I am worrying so much :(

He had a pre-op check up today at the vets, and he just laid down on the table twitching his nose while the vet examined him. It most be so sore for him, but he's being so brave. I'm really proud of him :)

Here's a pic....... poor boy :(

Picture1585.jpg

Veronica

Isn't he beautiful and so well-behaved. Good luck tomorrow Oliver. YOu'll be fine. Don't worry your mummy!

Thanks again for all your thoughts and kind words :)

I dropped Oliver off an hour ago, he was a bit quiet this morning. He was weighed ( 1.25kg), and I had to sign the consent form.
The nurse couldn't believe how well behaved he was.

He's such a lovely little boy, I can't wait till he's home again tonight.

Work is going to be so difficult today, I'm worrying so much :(

Veronica said:
Thanks again for all your thoughts and kind words :)

I dropped Oliver off an hour ago, he was a bit quiet this morning. He was weighed ( 1.25kg), and I had to sign the consent form.
The nurse couldn't believe how well behaved he was.

He's such a lovely little boy, I can't wait till he's home again tonight.

Work is going to be so difficult today, I'm worrying so much :(

aww he sounds like such a good little boy and let us know as soon as you hear something! :wink:

Helloooo :)

Well I'm one very proud mum indeed :D Oliver is back, and doing really really well :D
He had his absess removed, and is now on a twice daily course of antibiotics :) He was neutered too, so is a little sore and swollen, but is being a really brave little boy, and is soooo full of beans! Considering he must be in some discomfort, he does seem happier. The vet thinks although his neck will be sore, he will feel more comfortable, as there isn't the pressure of a huge absess there any more :)

He's eating, drinking, and toileting as normal :)

I cannot praise my vets any more for doing such a smashing job of looking after him :)
(They are really good, and have neutered and treated other rabbits of mine. 100% excellent :D )

Oliver spent the first couple of nights in my bedroom, and just last night was moved back out into the shed where he is still being bedded on towels (and wood pellets in his litter tray). He goes for his stitches out in 10days time :)

Some pics from his first night home :) (taken on phone, sorry for the quality)

Picture1601.jpg

Enjoying his cabbage!
Picture1600.jpg

Picture1602.jpg

Veronica :)

He will be moving into the house, as a house bunny once I have found him a suitable form of housing (and one that matches my bedroom suite :p )

Having said that, why he needed to drink (rattle, rattle, rattle!!!) in the early hours of the morning, and dig up the carpet.... especially on the nights I was due to work the early shift that morning, I don't know! :x :shock: :lol: :p

I remember going downstairs at 3am-ish to cut some apple and give it to Oliver to keep him occupied from digging at the carpet, which was keeping me awake, just so I could get some sleep! :p

For a rabbit that's had 2 op's, he wasn't half active! :roll: :p

Oh, bless him! Can you give him a bowl to drink out of? :D :lol:
Glad he's come through everything so well. You must be very proud indeed. Give him a big cuddle from me. Look forward to seeing more pics - he's a cutie

Back