• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of my new bunny

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
This is my new bunny. I have given her a home after after my cousins kids got bored with her. She is about 1year old and has had 5 babies a couple of months ago.
She doesn't have a name yet as I can't decide what to call her. She needs a pretty girlie name as she's very lady like.
I collected her yesterday and she is starting to settle in now.

newbun.jpg

newbun2.jpg

Anyone have any idea what breed she is? She is bigger than my other two (dwarf lop and lionhead)

Hi, Looks like an Orange Dwarf Lop, maybe bigger than yours but they can vary - too rare in Orange to be the next size up (german lop).
Nice bunny- but then I am biased I have 6 of these :D

aawww she's gorgeous. She could be caramel.. she reminds me of the cadburys caramel bunny that used to be in the adverts.

She does look like the cadburys caramel bunny! I don't know why but I find it hard to say caramel but i do like the name.
I was thinking of calling her Jessica but not sure if it suits her. She seems a bit french looking somehow :lol: but can't think of any french names I like!
I also like Sophie but my OH's sister in law is called that and don't think she'd like a rabbit named after her :? :lol:

hi

Ohh she must be related to Maa! :D
Don't know what breed she is either - Maa has very long legs for a lop - but it makes her look ladylike as you say - You can see that Maa's 4 daughters aren't loppy or anything breed-wise - all beautiful though! We're missing a Mariette from our Darling Buds name theme - how about calling her Mariette?

She's been named Amber :D Took her to the vets today for her first myxy vaccination. She's had a run round in the garden but the other two went nuts in the hutch and started fighting. Hobbes lost some clumps of fur :( Looks like she will have to stay in till she is spayed :(

hi

My girls start fighting when they see Benny - it's a bunny thing and nothing to do with neutering - hopefully they will get used to her in time :?

maybe if you put Amber in a cage in the garden and let them run around her instead of the other way around, it might give them more room to sort out who's boss of this new girl?

Re: hi

elve said:
My girls start fighting when they see Benny - it's a bunny thing and nothing to do with neutering - hopefully they will get used to her in time :?

maybe if you put Amber in a cage in the garden and let them run around her instead of the other way around, it might give them more room to sort out who's boss of this new girl?

Thats a good idea. I let her out again today but put some boards round the other rabbits hutch so they couldn't see her. They didn't get as stressed this time. I put Amber back in the house then let Hobbes and Phoebe out. Phoebe then began spraying wee over the patio and Hobbes kept jumping on her and humping her :lol: I think the smell of her excites them. Amber was running round my feet alot, I think she fancies me :lol:

I put Amber in her cage on the grass while the other two were out. Phoebe went up to it and they were both going for each other. Hobbes couldn't go near her because Phoebe attacked him if he came near. After a minute I couldn't let them carry on as they were biting and scratching at each other through the bars and I was worried they'd get injured.
I think I will keep them apart for a while and when I put them together it will be in the garage as neither have been in there.
Phoebe is such a grumpy rabbit :(
She was having a go at Hobbes before Amber even came along and she's always grunting at me. She was such a sweet baby too :roll:

Back