• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cotty, Floppy, Cola & Pippin

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Posted on behalf on : Squishy

Cotty is a black and grey lionhead x rex, she is jumpy but verry affectionate once shes in your arms. She's roughly 1 1/2 - 2 years old.
Floppy is a white dwarf lop, very friendly. Shes 1 year old bonded to Cotty.
Cola is a black and white. I'm not sure what breed she is. Shes 2 years old. She is slightly shy but she will sit on my knee for cuddles.
Pippin, is a little grey dwarf, he's 8 months old, he's very friendly, loves cuddles.

None of my rabbits are neutered or vaccinated. They are healthy buns, though Pippin could do with some more weight on him.
Pippin is a indoor rabbit, the other three live outside.
I'm located on Anglesey in North Wales.
I have to rehome them because the council have told me I have 28 days to find them a home.

aaww how awful.. why does the council say you have to rehome them?
I hope you manage to find homes for your cuties

what a shamw why do the councel do this to us if all else feels i have a spare indoor cage and could take one if them if a bunny run could be aranged

good luck with your quest to rehome. Is this anything to do with the recent escape? It seems very weird from the council as there are probably more council house tenants with pets than not.

Someone has complained about the amount of animals I have so the council came around today and told me I would have to get rid of all of them, So I have to rehome my guinea pigs, hamsters, dogs, cats and the rabbits. They are letting me keep my rats because they are old. She said I would be allowed to keep one dog maybe two, whcih is the most upsetting part because if we only get to keep one dog, my mum will keep her dog and I will have to rehome all my dogs, My aunt said she will have one of the dogs. So at the moment I'm trying to hold myself together and find good homes for everyone at the same time.

ow how alfull cant you hide some of the animals from the councel a freined or someone look after them or a few days its at times like this im glad i own my own house

What does your tenancy agreement say? I'd definately talk to the council or citizens advice bureau. If it doesn't categorically say you can only have x amount of pets you could argue with them.

What were the reasons for the complaints? Noise, smell from bins etc. you can put together evidence e.g. proof the dogs barking aren't yours and appeal against the decision.

Tam

When we lived in a council house you were allowed 4 pets max,we always had more and got away with it but no one ever checked up on us
What breeds of dogs do you have?

Oh this is terrible - I'd appeal definately - if theres no real reason then they cant make you give them up surely - this has made me very cross - I should take Tamsins advice Squishy and dont give up without a fightxx

I am so sorry to hear this.

Are there actually rules on how many animals you can have in a council house? Are there any for private housing?

My mum keeps telling me my neighbours will complain if they know how many I have, or because of the noise they make, or the smell from the bins.

Our tennancy agreement says we are only allowed one cat and one dog in the house. I've been trying desperatly to find people I know who will take them in so I can still have them close. I put an ad up for my dog, Pepe last night, and every time someone asked me how I was doing, or my mum asked me if I was allowed a dog which one I would choose I kept bursting into tears. We have never had any problems before, we've always had this many pets, theres only the three rabbits outside. I don't see why anyone would find that a problem. The council said it was unhygenic to have thhis many animals. I can't understand what we have dont to someone to have lived here 7 years with this many animals and them to suddenly decide to complain about us.

1 Dog and 1 cat seems very extreme. Many people have a couple of rabbits of G pigs in the garden. I can't believe how cruel they are been.

When did keeping rabbits in the garden become unhygienic? And what difference does a hamster make?

This is so awful. I would be so tempted to ring the council and pretend I wanted to make a complaint about someone to find out how many animals someone would need before they would do anything about it.

Have they actually visited you or have you just got a letter?

They actually came around, without written permission (which they very rarely give) we are not allowed more than one cat and one dog, which I think is unfair.

Having had a look at a few different Council policies, it sounds to me like they are interpreting the agreement rather literally (of course without seeing the agreement I'm just guessing). Looking at other Councils ones, it seems that the restriction is specifically on the number of cats and dogs you can keep, rather than a blanket "no other animals" ban. That would be daft. That means that no council tenant can keep a hamster, because their agreement only says they can have one cat and dog. Unless your agreement says "you must keep no pets other than...", I reckon they're misinterpreting it.

I would suggest contacting a local newspaper and get them to run a piece on how the Council are interpreting the tenancy agreement to say that council tenants aren't allowed to keep any small animals. There would be absolute uproar and I bet they'll backtrack.

Oh no how awful I was hoping when I saw this thread that it wasnt you but it was :( My thoughts are with you I bet you are so gutted I would get my animals and move but I know that is not an option for everybody :( Good luck

i live in a housing asso house, i amnot sure about rules on pets or if there is a limit but i am lucky as my nieghbours also have 5 rabbits themselves so i wouldn't be reported.

I really feel for you i just couldn't choose which of my pets to keep if i ever had to make that decision, i reall hope there is some way you can appeal

Oh my goodness Squishy thats awful! i would go with the others and say fight!!!!! Surley if the agreement says only one dog and cat in the house then you can have as many outside as you wish!!!

I've tried tlking my mum into fighting, but she would rather do as they say then risk getting evicted. Shes trying to find people to take in her cats because she doesn't want to put them down, some of them are ill and she knows we will have trouble finding homes for them, she's hoping that my nan will take in the three girls we have, she keeps shouting at me saying its all my fault because i got all the animals, and the kids in the street don't like me. I've spent the past two days doing what feels like nothing but crying. I'm trying to sort everything out and at the same time find homes for everyone and keep myself somewhat sane. But I have no idea what else I can do.

Back