• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what lop is holly

gizmo

Mama Doe
can anyone tell me what sort of lop my holly is. she is quite big.
holly.jpg

aww bless her she is lovely not sure what sort of lop tho - not an expert at naming the breeds of bunnies! :roll: :oops:

She doesn't look like a french lop and 3-4 kilo is a lot for a mini lop. She is probably a cross.

o shes gorgeous!her face isnt chubby enough for a frenchie.Her face is quite thin like.shes probably a cross lop :D

....Err, a cross dwarff frenchie :? ....a frenchie cross dwarff :? .... a loppy-something-or-another- BEAUTIFUL BUNSTER :lol: :lol: JCO xx

JCO said:
....Err, a cross dwarff frenchie :? ....a frenchie cross dwarff :? .... a loppy-something-or-another- BEAUTIFUL BUNSTER :lol: :lol: JCO xx
Yes that's the conclusion I've come to with my Harry too :lol:

She is too big to be a dwarf lop, and probably too small to be a frenchie, and her face doesn't look quite the right shape to be a frenchie either, although her ears are too big to be dwarf, so I reckon that JCO is probably right there.

Here's Harry (again, any excuse for a photo :lol: ). He is definitely a loppy-something-or-other, I wonder if he might have a bit of German lop, he's about 4.5kg but not frenchie shaped. But on the other hand, he has one white toe, so I wonder if he is a pure bred loppy-something-or-other who was rejected because of his "imperfection".

4bfe2d84.jpg

...a German Lop.....Better not mention the war then...
I've just come back from a year living in Switzerland so that's water off a duck's back for me :lol: Swiss baiting became a bit of a pastime for us :oops:

I'm not convinced that either Holly or Millie are purebred German lops, if you look here, they say that German lops have a flat face and a roman nose, and both of those bunnies have much longer faces with pointy noses. http://www.thebrc.org/germ.htm

Back